cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Media Mail Option

When I originally listed a militaria booklet, I was not offered the "USPS Media Mail" option because it was only listed in the "militaria" category. So today I edited the post to include the 2nd category of "Books".  But I was still not offered the Media option. How do I get that option?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: USPS Media Mail Option

@shephe_69 wrote:

Thanks--I looked at the policy and assumed that since these booklets are 40+ years old, they had been replaced/updated by the Academy and are now considered history.  How would I know if eBay thinks they violate their policy?  Would they notify me, or just hide the listing from searches?

If selling those violates policy (and I don't know for sure if it does) then eBay, if your listings are caught, will notify you in the form of removing the listings and placing policy violations on your account.

I've seen similar booklets removed that were older and just as benign (no military strategy, gun manual or anything that seems more obvious).

All I can tell you is to research it. See if you find examples of others' whose listings were pulled. Don't rely on "others are listing them" or "others sold without getting caught" - if you see examples of similar items pulled then it's up to you to make an informed decision.

When I saw your listings something triggered my memory of seeing similar items pulled. I don't know for sure if they're allowed or not, but I feel pretty confident they're not allowed. All I can really say with 100% certainty is: do your research. Good luck @shephe_69.

Here's an older discussion to reference. Suggest not posting to the thread since it's old, but if you want to post the question on the selling board about whether or not your booklets are allowed, you can link to the older discussion if you think it's helpful:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Military-Training-manual-flagged-for-ITAR-policy/td-p/31738571

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

@shephe_69 wrote:

I actually just went into one of my Militaria listed books and changed the 1st category to Books and the second to Militaria and I was finally offered the Media Mail option. 

It might give you the option in the listing, but you might not have the option when you buy a label through Ebay.

Have a great day
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Thank you, wastingtime101.  I took down my listings of the military manuals.  I don't want to take a chance at being flagged by eBay and I don't want to sell something I shouldn't be selling.  I really appreciate your advice and response to my inquiry.  

Message 18 of 18
latest reply