cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Ground Advantage

I just went to go change a listing from First Class to the new Ground Advantage. It is a package that is 12 ounces and measures 7x5x5. The rate they show for this is between $6.99 -$9.03. I just was on the USPS website and according to them, the postage would be between $6.15 - $6.55. Why is eBay charging more than Ground Advantage Retail? 

I don't want my customers to be charged more than retail.  I don't want to change my listings until I know that that is not going to happen. 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

USPS Ground Advantage

The listing form is still showing the old rates.  So for Ground Advantage for weights up to 1 pound, it's showing the old 1-pound Parcel Select Ground prices. This glitch applies only to the listing form, not to live listings nor the eBay shipping calculator.

http://www.ebay.com/shp/Calculator

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

USPS Ground Advantage

This is an issue with what's shown on the listing form and you can ignore it @thevarietyplaza .

When you publish the changes you will see accurate rates on the live listing.

If you don't want to take my word for it you can test one listing and see for yourself. 🙂

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

The listing form is still showing the old rates.  So for Ground Advantage for weights up to 1 pound, it's showing the old 1-pound Parcel Select Ground prices. This glitch applies only to the listing form, not to live listings nor the eBay shipping calculator.

http://www.ebay.com/shp/Calculator

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

Thanks! I can confirm that I tried updating a listing and that the live listing shows the correct rates of $5.40 - $5.85 for an 8 oz. package, while the listing page shows incorrectly the $6.99 - $9.03 rate.

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 10.18.19 AM.png

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

The price was great for a large package, and it comes with $100 worth of insurance which parcel select never did! It gave a great discount as well. 

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

I have the same questions.  I'm working on listings and a 3oz 7x5x2 package 1st class posts for $4.75-$5.25 but the new Ground Advantage posts for $6.99-9.03!!!  Insane!!

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

@bbnicmart wrote: ... the new Ground Advantage posts for $6.99-9.03!!!  Insane!!

As noted above in the reply that was selected as the solution to the original question: The prices shown in the listing form are not accurate.  They are the old Parcel Select Ground prices.  The actual online prices for Ground Advantage for packages up to 15.999 ounces are the same as the old First Class package rates.  Fortunately, the listings themselves do show the correct postage prices.  Only the listing form has failed to be updated.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

I think there is a glitch in ebay's system with USPS Ground Advantage. I just tried to purchase a shipping label for an 8 oz package using Ground Advantage and it is showing a shipping price of $17.23!!!!!!! For an 8 oz package!!! I've called ebay about this and someone is supposed to be in contact with me within 24 hours according to the representative I spoke with. He agreed that something is DEFINITELY wrong here. Pirate Ship has the correct rates for this though. $4.31 for an 8 oz package which sounds correct. Worst case scenario, I'll just start using Pirate Ship for all my labels but I'm going to hold off for today and see what ebay says about it. It's always something with ebay...

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

Double-check the package dimensions that are entered on the listing form.  

$4.31 is the price to ship 8 ounces to Zone 7, and $17.23 is the price to ship 11 pounds to Zone 7. Sounds like you're incurring a dimensional weight, which would be charged if the package volume is above 1 cubic foot (i.e., 1728 cubic inches).

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

I'm on Day 6 of waiting for a Ground Advantage package to be delivered. It took 2  days just to leave the seller's local post office, and there hasn't been any updated tracking in 3 days. If you want packages to get to your buyers on time, don't use Ground Advantage.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

I just used Ground Advantage for the first time, same price for me, 12 ounces 13x10x2 envelope...only one problem...it is still not delivered, after 6 days....first class, which I always use, same price, took 2 to 4 days to deliver.  (from west coast to East Coast)...I am really disappointed with Ground Advantage..hopefully my package isn't crushed, as well, from all the extra handling....it went to Alabama from California...it was stuck in MO, for 2 days?

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

I used Ground Advantage for the first time for a 12 ounce, 3x10x2 inch Manila Envelope...Wow !...it never gets delivered !...My package I sent out...on the July 12th, is still not delivered yet. Holy cow!  today is July 21st.....shipped from California to Alabama.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

Not sure that it is a "Ground Advantage" issue. My packages are traveling/delivering just fine in a timely manner. (knock on wood)

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

It is royally frustrating to have our package deliveries delayed! Our buyers rate us on delivery time ad well. It's so annoying when you have a one-day handling policy and then it sits somewhere in Alaska when it's supposed to be in Texas for three extra days 7 days to be delivered! First class would have been 3 days at the most to this area from my area. This buyer thought I was telling a story I'm sure.... my current problem is that the package never got checked in for 3 days and then it was going in the opposite direction it should have been going and now it's going to be a total of seven days again to deliver.  Post office is inundated with the 3 mailing choices being lumped under Ground Advantage!!

EBay has its problems with listing issues but this delivery fiasco is on USPS!!!-

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

USPS Ground Advantage

Hi there...both my ground advantage packages were going to Texas...one went to Alaska..lost for 3 days..took 7 days! Current one never got scanned into system..usps kept saying no ok delivered to them..suddenly it's in NC...should be in Texas by 8/14...another 7 day delivery. Several others went quickly without a hitch in deliver time???..

Message 15 of 21
latest reply