cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Envelope & Printing Labels

Hi everyone, I send a fair amount of eBay standard envelopes and would like to save time and use printer  labels with adhesive so that I don't have to cut and then tape my paper labels onto the envelopes.  The "Thank You" Envelopes I use are about 6.5 length x 4.75.  Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Standard Envelope & Printing Labels

personal suggestion is to STOP using the ebay standard envelopes only because over the last month there has been NOTHING BUT issue after issue to them not updating tracking at all and when it shows that its delivered the customer freaks out and requests refunds THAT day when it isnt there THAT day and usually takes 2-3 days after its marked delivered to show up.

I had over 100 out at 1 time and let me tell you what a cluster f*** .

And of course now i make the buyers pay shipping and havent had a sale since switched over because Ebays **bleep** services even though all my stuff was 100% to the guidelines for them. now im selling on 3 other platforms besides this one which 1 charge less fees, 2 shows you exactly how much you will get from sales, 3 charges less for shipping USPS First Class, 4 ALOT EASIER to list items on them, and 5 DONT HAVE THE HASSLE AND HEADACHES SO FAR that ive had from ebay.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You can buy those labels on ebay and yes they are a lot handier than using tape. I think the last iI bought cost about a nickel each in bulk. May have went up like everything else, haven't looked

Check it out

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@mintacular 

I have a can of spray glue that I apply to plain paper labels for my boxes and occasional envelopes.

shipscript_2-1653942349011.png

Notice that the facing codes must align to top-right of envelope (I simply cut off everything else to avoid jamming).

But you are right that adhesive labels would be faster.  Better still, I have a laser printer that can hand feed envelopes, once everything is properly oriented.

As for tracking those labels, eBay's proprietary ESUS codes can only be scanned at major sorting centers that can read third-party tracking codes. We have found that cards sent with USPS tracking will follow a direct route to the buyer, hopping from one center to the next. The proprietary ESUS codes, on the other hand, are sent through special hubs that may take the item on an entirely different route. The last center that can read the code will issue an estimated delivery date. From there, the item will reenter the standard delivery system and may arrive within hours or days, depending on how distant the buyer is from that last major hub.

This, and other third party tracking sites, should be able to provide more tracking detail than eBay shows when items are sent through multiple carriers or use proprietary tracking.

https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Are you sure you can't print directly onto the envelope with your printer? 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

If you can't print directly on your envelopes, you might want to consider a label printer like the Dymo 4XL that prints 4"x6" self adhesive labels.  While the standard envelope output does not directly support this label it will easily shrink down to fit.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

What are "those labels"? Can't seem to find them on eBay.... Do you have a link? Sorry for the hassle. -Pat

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Business & Industrial> Office Supplies & Equipment>Office Supplies is the ebay category the find your shipping labels

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for reminding me, I just had to order some labels

They are also listed under "material handling" in B&I

Or you can just type "shipping labels" in the search bar and you'll see more than you probably want

Always makes my head spin just lookin at them all

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I've found that the label can be at least 3/4 inch from both top and right end of the envelope and still scan OK. That might help someone trying to make things fit.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Not 100% sure, but ask someone to post more.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply