cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Rates Gone Wrong !

Just needed to know  why do my buyers get a crazy large quotes on shipping ???  I always put in the correct weight and size of box. Thanks for any help. 🙂 Bunny

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for help! so its for domestic shipping. weight, size of box and option of which source to use.  I am a small time Mema that sells not a business so i really don't feel i can put free shipping. I have lost out at times i am paying them to buy my items 🙂 lol

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Is this for international shipping, or domestic??

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

@gramas*lil*rose wrote:

Just needed to know  why do my buyers get a crazy large quotes on shipping ???  I always put in the correct weight and size of box. Thanks for any help. 🙂 Bunny

Can you give an item number and provide package weight and dimensions?  Shipping prices are charged based on package size, not just the weight. Anything over 1 cubic foot has a dimensional weight surcharge

@gramas*lil*rose 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

I was having that problem for awhile when eBay was automatically defaulting everything to priority mail regardless of what I specified in the listing. This included first class packages. I had a couple of potential buyers ask me why the shipping was so high and it took a bit to run it down. To get away from this problem I have simply added an estimated shipping cost to the price of the items and switched over to free shipping. 

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

Thank you for help! so its for domestic shipping. weight, size of box and option of which source to use.  I am a small time Mema that sells not a business so i really don't feel i can put free shipping. I have lost out at times i am paying them to buy my items 🙂 lol

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

So for my four mugs {124418437219} it was going to cost 67.+ Like wow way off 😞  I got it fixed for her, but is there any fix to this in my other auctions? its happened a lot.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

I to am a small time hobby seller. It's not hard to do the free shipping and avoid loosing money. I am not sure where you are located but you can use USPS site or better yet Pirate Ship to get an idea of what shipping costs will be. I am on the east cost so I base the estimate on what it would cost to ship the item to California based on the method, size and weight of the item. The Pirate Ship rates are almost dead on with the eBay rates when I go to print the labels. On occasion the buyer may pay a few cents more and in some cases I have to bear the cost of a few cents additional but it averages out. I just simply add the shipping cost to the cost of the item and that is the starting, or the fixed price I begin with. Buyers also seem to like the free shipping since they don't have to question or worry about it. Try it on a couple of items and see how it works for you. 

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Well, $67 sounds way off to me as well. I can't believe you can't adequately bubble and box (even double-box) these and still keep your box at (about) 13" x 10" x 9". I just shipped 4 cups and saucers (a 4# package) from Nashville to Phoenix for $18 through eBay using USPS Priority. Hmmm...

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Thank you all for your help! I will for sure try it. i still don't understand why ebay's shipping would let that happen in the first place. Have a nice day 🙂

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Free shipping example. So for your four mugs I am going to assume this was over 1 pound and first class was not an option. That would leave either priority mail calculated or possibly a regional box A as an option, the regional box probably being the cheaper option. If I was shipping these I could get them from VA to CA for around $13 so I would have posted the mugs at $23 with free shipping. 

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

That's what i'm saying i can fix the shipping quote when they ask by sending me there zip. It has something to do with Ebay shipping on site. they blow the shipping on calculator ????

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Something  is definitely wrong

For  example your item Titled Floral Ceramic Tissue Box Cover Holder Rectangular Handpainted Portugal has a  shipping and handling charge of $17.25 for shipment to your zip code zone (Washington state) and $57.00 to my zip code 30014 (Atlanta, GA area)  via priority mail.  Rough product size 12" x 7" x 3" high - weight, my guess 4 lbs max can ship in a  USPS Large Flat Rate box  (12" x 12" x 5") for $21 Retail ( cheaper when bought on  eBay). 

This can be

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

Thank you so much! i will give that a try on a few things. 🙂 🙂😊

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Sounds like you are choosing Priority EXPRESS instead of Priority. Big difference in $$

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

I know right ! Something is messed up and its in e bays calculations !!! i put my info in correct and there ya go !! 😆

Message 15 of 27
latest reply