cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping 2 shirts in a single package

A buyer bought two t-sirts (same design but two different sizes). For some reason e-Bay made him pay for two separate shipping fees. I would assume that since both shirts are to go to the same buyer and to the same address,  I could ship them in a single package for a single fee. This would save the buyer some money and me some time packaging. Why eBay didn't regard this as one transaction,  how can I solve this problem, and how do I avoid this situation in the future?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Shipping 2 shirts in a single package

Is the ship to address the same for both shirts?  If so, you may combine the shipping but if you do that the buyer may claim they only got one item and you have no proof they got two.  I would contact the buyer and ask what they want here.  If you do combine shipping, are you going to offer a refund for the excess shipping charge?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Are you currently set on immediate payment for buy it now items? That change made by ebay screwed up most of the combined business here. Also - do you offer combined shipping? Definately speak to the buyer in regards to this before doing. They did agree to the charge so are aware of the shipping.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@vilkau wrote:

A buyer bought two t-sirts (same design but two different sizes). For some reason e-Bay made him pay for two separate shipping fees. I would assume that since both shirts are to go to the same buyer and to the same address,  I could ship them in a single package for a single fee. This would save the buyer some money and me some time packaging. Why eBay didn't regard this as one transaction,  how can I solve this problem, and how do I avoid this situation in the future?

Hi @vilkau . There are 2 separate transactions because the buyer clicked "buy it now" on each item and made 2 separate payments instead of clicking "add to cart" then making 1 single payment.

Whether or not you can combine depends on whether the buyer used the same ID for both purchases. Check closely: if they used guest checkout there could be 2 separate IDs different by just a single character.

To determine 100% whether the system will allow you to combine, use bulk labels. When you go to the bulk label purchase page, if the items qualify for combined shipping, you will see a link to click at the top of the page that looks like this:

combine.png

Click that link and generate a single label then eBay will automatically apply the same tracking number to both orders.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply