cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller told me to talk to the post office about my package that hasnt shipped yet.

I bought an item in 9/24 and i paid the same day as well. 5 days have past and it still in pre shipment. I talked to the seller and he told me to talk to my post office about it.

I dont know what to do!

Any help is appreciated .

Sincerely.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Seller told me to talk to the post office about my package that hasnt shipped yet.

The post has been missing scans on a lot of packages lately. Also, the bar codes on the label might be defective.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Did they give you a tracking number to check with? 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Wait till the last estimated delivery date to receive. If you have not got it by then file Item not received case. 

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

yes i have the tracking number when i go to track  it shows that it has been in pre shipment/awaiting package  since 9/24.  He said he shipped but it says otherwise with the tracking number.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

The post office has been really bad about scanning lately.  For example, my new mailman wasn't scanning packages out of my mailbox.  I didn't notice till a buyer said something and looked a previous packages.  None of my packages were getting scanned until they were going out for delivery.  I ended up having to take all my packages to work, because that mailman would scan them.  The seller may have shipped the item and it may just have not gotten scanned yet.  The seller should probably have done a little better with the response. I don't know what service he used priority etc or where you and the seller are located.  So I can't tell you how long it will take, but I would be patient.  

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Yep, the tracking number is useless until the item is scanned in.  You can't do much except call the seller's post office and ask them to look for the package.  As a seller i would never ask a buyer to follow up before the item was scanned into the system.  Once the item is scanned into the system it is incumbent on the buyer to follow the tracking.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

OP, we have had quite a few issues recently with items not being scanned at drop off and many not showing up as scanned until after they were delivered.  If your seller said "they shipped the item" and their feedback profile looks like they are legit, don't worry about it yet.

Buyer's need to be patient until the final delivery day has past, then is the time to seek resolution.

I only  noticed the lack of scans after our shipping metrics started to get dinged.  We contacted ebay and one look at our shipping history and the rep took all of the late shipping defects off our account.  Now back at 100% shipped on time.

Very thankful my buyers were patient and didn't freak out because of the USPS.

p.s. I am a hugh fan of the post office and appreciate all they do!

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

1.  Per eBay policy, it is the sellers FULL responsibility to have an item delivered to the buyer in the condition as described by the  last estimated delivery date.  Your seller needs to do the leg work to find out the status of the package.

I'm a both a buyer & seller - as a seller I would never ask a buyer to track down a shipment I sold.

Seems your  sellers is trying place the "monkey" on your back.  IMO the seller needs to get  a pick-up or acceptance scan from the carrier or PO to indicate the package was in fact in the hands of the carrier - not just  "dropped off"

2.  As a buyer if your item hasn't arrived by the estimated delivery date you have the option to open an Item Not Received case through the Resolution Center - link at the bottom of  most eBay pages - even this one and you will be refunded in full.  You can wait a few more days to see if their is any movement but don't wait any more than 30 days from the estimated delivery date before opening  a INR case.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

hi, i have shipped items that came up on tracking as ''post office awaiting package''. a few times it stayed that way for days. sometimes it is just that it somehow doesn't get scanned. sometimes it stayed that way even though i saw it get scanned. can't explain it. then a few days later on tracking it showed it was in transit. most of my packages are arriving on time, but certain parts of the country seem to take longer to arrive. i wouldn't worry about it yet, keep checking the tracking for a few days

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Just sit back and way a lot of things are going on right now packages are not showing up, delay, etc. the buyers open a claim get a refund and the package shows up, estimated delivery doesn't mean it will be delivered on that date. Guaranteed delivery means it will be there on that date.

Some of these sellers are small time just trying to make ends meet. 

Sellers are getting played in some many different ways.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

This is what the seller or you can do. Me as a seller I would of done it myself.

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Dont worry. If the tracking never shows the PO accepting the package then the seller will be held responsible in a case. The bad news is sometimes the cases take a while to be closed in someones favor especially during covid. Everyone has been given more time. If a seller takes a package to the PO and has them all scanned at the counter. They get a receipt they did so. If they leave them on the counter or if the mail person picks up at their home or business does not scan it is still responsibility of the seller because they have no proof it was shipped.

Yes wait until the last day it has to get to you then open a case.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

I go to post office and have them scan in the items and get aprinted copy and make sure the numbers match. ln this case the seller needs to do the footwork. if the item is stuck at the final destination i only ask the buyer go by the post office if they wont answer the phone. as a seller i can not understand why a seller doest  have the post office scan in the items unless the seller is rich and doesent mind refunding all of the money for the items they sell.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

On the USPS tracking page, choose "Text & Email Updates."

It seems like any time I do this, the package starts moving...coincidence? I don't know.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 15 of 21
latest reply