cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big ouch for USA buyers & Canadian sellers to usa

Canada Post all threw out Canada got a nice new memo about USA shipping changes 

Another beat down to both buyers & sellers.

Just wait for it...

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This won't effect all sellers.

But it will effect sellers using letter mail or oversized letter mail. Specifically shipments from Canada to USA.

In turn Killing the small item sellers.

And destroying great prices to USA buyers. Not only that. More waste with larger parcels. Why pack efficient, when it costs the same to be more wasteful.

I've had a great post office routine.

Todays changes. Cost me money. & I have to adjust & increase the costs of shipping to USA well over 100% 

What a shame.

This hurts the buyer & seller.

What a great world our leaders have given us.

Can't wait to see where small business is at in 2022

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Any details you want to share?  I guess we will just wait for it...

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

One has to actually care about it first.....

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Sorry, I forgot my message-decrypting hat and I cracked my crystal ball.

Guess I'll wait for the book to come out...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

This won't effect all sellers.

But it will effect sellers using letter mail or oversized letter mail. Specifically shipments from Canada to USA.

In turn Killing the small item sellers.

And destroying great prices to USA buyers. Not only that. More waste with larger parcels. Why pack efficient, when it costs the same to be more wasteful.

I've had a great post office routine.

Todays changes. Cost me money. & I have to adjust & increase the costs of shipping to USA well over 100% 

What a shame.

This hurts the buyer & seller.

What a great world our leaders have given us.

Can't wait to see where small business is at in 2022

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Gotta link? Inquiring minds are waiting.  😁

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I will just wait for the movie version.  As I did not understand any thing that you said.  

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Same thing happened here.  PayPal discontinued USPS letter/large envelope.  The only place that still does it is Stamps.com and you can only do large envelope or you can go to the post office and fill out every customs for, stand in line etc. etc.  I added .99 cents to my international shipping prices and all international orders tanked.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Confused here...what does PayPal have to do with the USPS and the size of the envelopes?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I like your thread just because of your signature. And I did explain in more detail. To my original post.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I believe some sellers use a courier service to get packages to a mail center on the U.S. side of the border to take advantage of the U.S. postal rates.  If you sell enough it might be worth a shot and you get a streamlined ride through customs.  It's probably the most creative thing I have read on this message board in years.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@brya_fonta 

Where are you seeing that information?  I know that packages are going up but that is a yearly event with Canada Post.  But according to the information that I see, Domestic, USA and international letter mail and oversize letter mail are staying the same prices that they are now.   Metered mail and some forms of commercial mail are going up but that won't affect eBay sellers.

I don't see any changes that would cause you to raise your US rates by 100

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/doc/en/support/2022_LP-e.pdf

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

The information i got today, from Canada Post Employee, who had a new memo on her desk concerning, letter mail / oversized letter mail items. a memo that has been sent to all Canada post employees concerning USA Refusing Canadian Letter Mail with Items.

as the Items Must Be Declared. which if your shipping was 2.00 its now 8.86

Specifically Canadian letter mail to USA

an no it says nothing about it anywhere! if your a buyer in the usa. who use to grab the low shipping deals from certain canadians. thats where the price increase is. we cant ship cheap to usa. because usa is bringing down the hammer on undeclared items threw letter mail. and some state this has always been a rule in the usa from international imports.

but ill tell you how i found out. my sales because of this shipping change. left me in the negative. today. while buyers got their product. ebay paid. post office paid. and i left in the negative. have to change all my listings and figure out an entire new selling strategy.

the good ol days are gone.

thats how i got the bad news.

wonder if anyone else got some bad news

lots of bad news to go around. might start selling that!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I saw your post on the .ca board after I replied to you here. You were much more specific on what you referring to on that board. I replied to you there so won't bother repeating it all here.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply