cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller sent package to the wrong address and doesn't respond

So after I saw track number, I tried to see where is the package, everything seemed normal, but final address was incorrect. Some attempts to reach out to seller, but no respond.

What should i do now?  

Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.17 - 11.10.42.13.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.09.17 - 11.10.13.38.png

  

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Seller sent package to the wrong address and doesn't respond

@donsdetour, my Russian is very rusty, but I can read the alphabet and figure it with translation software. Also, I can find the tracking number on the tracking website.

The address on the tracking number is not the same as the shipping address. Different towns, in different regions, and different postal codes/post offices.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@polyakov_49, OK, glad to hear they have acknowledged the issue. There shouldn't be a problem getting a refund, but they do have to give the seller a chance to respond.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

@gadgetmans_attic, the screenshot with the red box is not an eBay page. That is a tracking page for postal packages to Russia. At this point, the package has been sent back to China.

https://track24.ru/?code=LZ294504645CN

The link you provided is for USPS, but you can't use that to track a package from China to Russia.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Oh I see now I had a tracking like that coming to the usa which usps delivery it. Good luck

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Is there any way a seller could change the address or something? I was told as a buyer that the tracking number for an item was delivered to a different address then mine. I have never used but only one address ever. I did not receive the item but it showed delivered. I did not notice but I ordered 2 items from this seller. Well the second one same exact thing happened and i was told that the street name was different.  First time the street numbers was only thing wrong, second time with second order the street name was only thing different than mine. How is this possible.  We are given labels how is it that only one seller I purchased from had this problem? I am just curious. 

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Check your ebay order history and check your order with tracking service. If your address is correct on ebay page, but wrong on tracking service, it's possible that mistake was made by the seller, and you should contact him. 
And at this point seller can not change the address, you may try contact local post office, maybe they will be able to help. 

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I just had a case where the seller sent my package to the wrong address and wrong name. When I order my profile information is already there so I didn’t request to send to wrong address and wrong name, the seller did it without my knowledge and as soon as I called UPS to find out why I didn’t receive my package all they can confirm was that the package was not under my name or address and that they can’t share that information with me due to privacy. The seller also deleted his profile. Therefore, don’t assume that is the buyer’s fault. eBay will confirm that the address doesn’t match the profile and they should refund. 

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply