cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick List

Generating a pick list

Method 1:

Pull everything into bulk shipping. On the top of the bulk shipping page, click the "print pick list" link at the top.

Method 2:

From the seller hub orders page, select all items then "print packing slip and more" and from there uncheck everything except pick list.

Differences between method 1 & 2:

• With method 1 you can click "combine orders per buyer" before generating the pick list. With method 2 you cannot. Result: method 1 is better
  • With method 2 the "shipping" column on the right shows "buyer selected shipping service" but with method 1 the column titled "shipment" instead of "shipping" is blank. Result: method 2 is better.
  • With method 1 the quantity is circled if more than 1 which is awesome. With method 2 the quantity is not circled if more than 1. Result: method 1 is better.
  • With method 1 the shipping address column is wider than method 2. That means method 2 fills out more pages. The same addresses on both methods take up 4 lines with method 2 instead of the normal 3 lines with method 1. Result: method 1 is better.
  • With method 2 you'll only see one single order on the preview even if you selected all pending shipments, but if you hit the "download" button it will generate the bulk list. Result: method 2 is confusing and method 1 is better.

I always use method 1 because it's better and faster, but I do wish it had "buyer selected shipping" service that method 2 has.

Hey kyle@ebay - can you escalate this to the shipping team or seller hub dev team? While method 1 has one single significant drawback over method 2, for the most part method 2 stinks in comparison.

Would be awesome if eBay added buyer selected shipping service to method 1 as an immediate change to make that option more functional for sellers.

Thinking longer term, it's preferable for eBay to bring method 2 up to method 1 standards in all other aspects in case method 1 ever goes away (like we saw happen with packing lists). Thanks in advance and if you're able to pass this to the teams involved, feel free to mark your reply as the 'best answer' here since this is just a request to pass on FB.

Visual reference:

picklist.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Pick List

Additionally, Method 2 has wide page margins built in which you cannot adjust when you print which you can see above, one is much narrow than the other.

Method 1 doesn't have those built in wide margins which is much better.

The wide page margins on the sides increases the length of the pick list and number of pages. It also condenses the info pushing item titles into 3 lines instead of 2 and pushing buyer address into 5 lines. Makes it all more difficult to read and disrupts the flow of the picking and shipping process.

This isn't like a packing list where one might worry about presentation to buyer. This is a purely functional pick list for packing orders so sellers (at least this seller) want it to be condensed and efficient, not cramped and drawn out.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Pick List

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Generating a pick list

Method 1:

Pull everything into bulk shipping. On the top of the bulk shipping page, click the "print pick list" link at the top.

Method 2:

From the seller hub orders page, select all items then "print packing slip and more" and from there uncheck everything except pick list.

Differences between method 1 & 2:

• With method 1 you can click "combine orders per buyer" before generating the pick list. With method 2 you cannot. Result: method 1 is better
  • With method 2 the "shipping" column on the right shows "buyer selected shipping service" but with method 1 the column titled "shipment" instead of "shipping" is blank. Result: method 2 is better.
  • With method 1 the quantity is circled if more than 1 which is awesome. With method 2 the quantity is not circled if more than 1. Result: method 1 is better.
  • With method 1 the shipping address column is wider than method 2. That means method 2 fills out more pages. The same addresses on both methods take up 4 lines with method 2 instead of the normal 3 lines with method 1. Result: method 1 is better.
  • With method 2 you'll only see one single order on the preview even if you selected all pending shipments, but if you hit the "download" button it will generate the bulk list. Result: method 2 is confusing and method 1 is better.

I always use method 1 because it's better and faster, but I do wish it had "buyer selected shipping" service that method 2 has.

Hey kyle@ebay - can you escalate this to the shipping team or seller hub dev team? While method 1 has one single significant drawback over method 2, for the most part method 2 stinks in comparison.

Would be awesome if eBay added buyer selected shipping service to method 1 as an immediate change to make that option more functional for sellers.

Thinking longer term, it's preferable for eBay to bring method 2 up to method 1 standards in all other aspects in case method 1 ever goes away (like we saw happen with packing lists). Thanks in advance and if you're able to pass this to the teams involved, feel free to mark your reply as the 'best answer' here since this is just a request to pass on FB.

Visual reference:

picklist.png

Hey @wastingtime101 that's some great insight!  It would definitely be nice to have the best of both worlds from these two methods.  I'll be glad to pass this on!  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Pick List

You are amazing.  Thank YOU!!! SO VERY MUCHY!!!

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Pick List

Additional feedback kyle@ebay :

Neither version of the pick list includes the ship-by date. That would be a great addition.

On a related note, there is a filter in seller hub on the orders page for orders that need to ship within the next 24 hours. Unfortunately that filter is useless. If eBay changed that filter to orders that need to ship by the end of the next biz day that would make a huge difference.

If I use the ship within 24 hours filter almost none of my orders pending shipment will appear. If I take this action mid-day today (Tuesday), 24 hours later is mid-day Wednesday and items that have to ship tomorrow don't have to ship until end of day. So the 24 hours filter will not pull in those orders that have to ship tomorrow (by midnight).

If I pull up a pick list for all orders pending shipment, there is no ship by date on the pick list so I don't know which orders have to ship Wed, Thu, Fri, etc without referencing the orders page and that defeats the purpose of a bulk, efficient process.

GLORIOUS!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Pick List

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Additional feedback kyle@ebay :

Neither version of the pick list includes the ship-by date. That would be a great addition.

On a related note, there is a filter in seller hub on the orders page for orders that need to ship within the next 24 hours. Unfortunately that filter is useless. If eBay changed that filter to orders that need to ship by the end of the next biz day that would make a huge difference.

If I use the ship within 24 hours filter almost none of my orders pending shipment will appear. If I take this action mid-day today (Tuesday), 24 hours later is mid-day Wednesday and items that have to ship tomorrow don't have to ship until end of day. So the 24 hours filter will not pull in those orders that have to ship tomorrow (by midnight).

If I pull up a pick list for all orders pending shipment, there is no ship by date on the pick list so I don't know which orders have to ship Wed, Thu, Fri, etc without referencing the orders page and that defeats the purpose of a bulk, efficient process.

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for bringing both of these up.  That's a great suggestion to include the ship-by date!  
I'll be glad to pass that along, as well as the suggestion for the shipping filter!  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Pick List

I wish there were a method 3.  Just give me a pick list in numerical order by SKU.  Don't need any other info.  When you have a large number of orders on a Monday, it's not feasible to be jumping all around when picking.  Sure, I can download the sales into a csv then manipulate that csv to give me what I'm looking for, but if it were to be available via direct download, that'd be sweet!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply