cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller refuses cancellation by fraudulent claim of having shipped the order

On Sunday, the 14th, I entered an order for a Wacom tablet.  A few minutes later, I cancelled that order.

The next day, Monday the 15th, I received a response that the seller could not cancel because they had already shipped the order.   This would imply they shipped it within half an hour before receiving notice of cancellation. And the UPS truck showed up just in time to pick it up.  On Sunday.  This doesn't pass the giggle test.

They did not even request a UPS label until Monday, and as of 5:45 PM on Monday, the order was still waiting for pickup by UPS.

Because the seller does not accept returns, they went ahead and shipped the order despite an immediate cancellation received, to which they replied that it had already shipped.  This was a fraudulent representation, as evidenced by the attached photo showing the email notice received (at the top) compared to the tracking information displayed for that order on the eBay site (below).

This seller is hiding behind their "no returns" policy, falsely claiming they shipped this order which was both placed and cancelled the day before they actually shipped.

It does not appear there's any option to ask eBay to step in for that order (likely because of the seller's no-return policy which they use to abet their false claims).

How do I get this to someone at eBay to address plainly fraudulent behavior by this seller?  I want my money back including all shipping charges including return shipping.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Seller refuses cancellation by fraudulent claim of having shipped the order

Not an 'extrapolation'. The site actually states these points in both sections and various examples are given in the MBG policy sections. Anyone who chooses to read them can see them for thrmselves.

@dblendeavors wrote:

I think everybody is missing the point here, the point is the order was not shipped when the cancel request was made, in fact it wasn't even shipped for a while afterwards.

Yes, here's that cancel request:

2zfhd0gh0ahg078hafd0hg08ifg80fdh0g8fd0.png

It claims that the order could not be canceled as the seller already shipped the item. But the label hadn't even been created until the second day ... after business hours.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

Your a seller shut up.  Your bias with your opinion.  Yes they can screw you out out f money and send a banana  I. A box as long as it has a shipping label. There is alot of scammer ls on ebay. I made 7 buys and 4 were all issues. Also buy your standard sellers need to learn if they sell an item and it goes for less then wanted they accept  the payment not re post the item. 2ndif I cancel  an item  before it shipped , what the issue? Unless you are scared of something  . When you shop do you have a retention return? 

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

I bought a power bank off Amazon (from Amazon) and decided less than 10 minutes later that it actually wasn't the best gift for my dad and requested a cancellation. It informed me that it might possibly cancel but it might not because it had already started the shipping process.

I did not feel annoyed at all I just knew I'm the one that made the mistake and if they did end up sending it I would just use it myself or something.

I feel like when you hit "buy" you are signing a contract and being able to get out of that is a luxury. 

As a seller, if I had a request to cancel, I would of course always cancel an item I hadn't physically shipped yet even if the label was printed. That is just being wise and protecting yourself from those that would abuse the money back guarantee policy. So I can understand that you are annoyed at the seller, but I do not agree with your entitlement to a cancellation like it is your right.

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

It actually is possible that seller had shipped your item within that 30 minutes  or less depending on the seller's   chosen shipping system. Especially Sunday Seller may not have been at their computer to see your request.

And even though I did ship my items manually or had them picked up  I used to live within a street block of my local post office. If the item was already to ship and I only had to print out a label and tape it to the package I could have very well been to the post office before you requested to cancel your order.

You are free to return the item at seller's expense.   

Seller's are not required to cancel an order you have freely placed but most will if they can

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 36 of 36
latest reply