cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return reasons

all return reasons are visible to buyer, even in my return setting i unchecked boxes for some reasons what buyer should not use to return the product, one buyer returned me product by selecting the reason which i disabled  it in my setting, i am curious buyers still can use any reason to return it,than what is purpose of uncheck or checking box in seller setting for returns? is this bug or  is any other selling facing same issue? or its common?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Return reasons

UNCHECK THE SELECTIONS! EBAY IS AUTOMATICALLY PROCESSING AND REFUNDING BECAUSE YOU HAVE THOSE TOGGLED ON! TURN THEM OFF ALREADY!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 23 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Return reasons

The return policy in one of the items I opened:

If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, be it similar or not.

You can return a product for up to 14 days from the date you purchased it.

Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. Please keep the receipt.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

my post is different your answer is different , its not match what i posted.
Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

@uniwarehousewares wrote:
my post is different your answer is different , its not match what i posted.

My point is that you accept returns for any reason.  What (and how) did you turn off reasons for returns.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

I may be confused. I did not know that you could control the choices for a return.

It is my understanding that eBay presents a buyer with all choices when they open a return. There are about 12. Some fall under remorse. Some are INAD.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

you explanation is valid, i agreed with you on some extent, but if buyer have all choices to open the return than why seller has this option available to enable or disable the reasons by marking check and uncheck on it, its actually not working, i unchecked some reasons for buyers but still buyers are able to select those reasons to return the item . so basically seller has only power to keep it on manual or automatically acceptance of approval but there is no such option that buyer can be restricted to select some reasons which seller want to uncheck it in return setting.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

you explanation is valid, i agreed with you on some extent, but if buyer have all choices to open the return than why seller has this option available to enable or disable the reasons by marking check and uncheck on it, its actually not working, i unchecked some reasons for buyers but still buyers are able to select those reasons to return the item ?

Sorry, never heard of such a thing, and it does not seem consistent with how eBay operates.

Perhaps if you post a screen shot showing that ability to select/deselect, someone may be able to figure it out.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

i enable few reasons for buyers to open the return request, i came to know about it when one of my buyer open the return selecting that reason which i disabled for buyer, than i call helpline and i was told that buyer must have all the options to return the product so any option can be applicable for buyer to return it which make sense, but other side if you go to site preference and return setting there you can see there its shows to sellers to enable or disable the reason by clicking on check box which is actually not working. you can only know it when seller adjust the setting for buyer , and when buyer return it , than you can know the output. i don't know if this is specifically error on my page or other sellers facing this issue too?
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

where are you finding this setting?I have never heard of it

Ebay policy is if you accept returns you accept them for any reason.The reason determines who pays return shipping if you do not offer blanket free return shipping

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

you explanation is valid, i agreed with you on some extent, but if buyer have all choices to open the return than why seller has this option available to enable or disable the reasons by marking check and uncheck on it, its actually not working, i unchecked some reasons for buyers but still buyers are able to select those reasons to return the item ?

Sorry, never heard of such a thing, and it does not seem consistent with how eBay operates.

Perhaps if you post a screen shot showing that ability to select/deselect, someone may be able to figure it out.

I've never seen where a seller could disable return options.

A screen shot might help?

Have a great day.
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

I know this can be found in site prefertences, but it is probably another one of those obsolete features that ebay has not removed yet. Just like the block for "buyer's negative feedback score". Nobody even knows what that means (since buyers do not get negatives from sellers), and it definitely doesn't stop bad buyers from viewing, bidding and buying from sellers who have that obsolete block turned on.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

@tracdea1 wrote:

I know this can be found in site prefertences . . .

Everyone would be grateful if you could post that screenshot from site preferences that allows a seller to block returns for one or more specific reasons.

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

Oh, it's been a while since I've done this. It's here:
Account Summary > Site Preferences > Return Preferences

BEWARE!!!
These settings are not for which kinds of returns to accept (or not to accept), it's for which kinds of returns to issue AUTOMATIC refunds! You do not want these set at all if you want your items back on a return case.
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

EDIT:
It had been some time since I looked at this setting, and you should know, that it's NOT OBSOLETE (my previous post was an assumption - sorry!)
Be very careful setting these, because you are allowing ebay to refund automatically if any of those reason are toggled on!
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Return reasons

look this screenshot , seller can select reasons that he want to  enable or disable for buyer but actually its not working .buyer can still open the return even you uncheck the box.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply