cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RETURNS AS SELLER

customer wants to return item..I accepted return, label was sent but it shows it was delivered in CA and I'm in WI. Ebay says I need to give him refund by tomorrow but I have not received the item..HELP

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: RETURNS AS SELLER

You will need to contact eBay by phone most likely.  Have them help you find where your return shipping address is listed on the site and then they will be able to see that the tracking is not to your zip code or that your return shipping address is in CA.  Nobody here can help you, most people here are just other eBay users, not staff.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Call Customer Service and show them the tracking info that proves you did not receive the item. 

Now hopefully you never lived in CA and forgot to change your address with eBay when you moved to WI.  If that is the case, you will loose this case.  IF not, then the buyer didn't return the item and eBay can close the case in your favor.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Was the supplied label sent from ebay or you?

What is its tracking number?

Is it the same tracking number used by the buyer's return info?

If you need to contact ebay, use this link and have them give you a call back so you are not on hold in perpetuity >

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/contacting-ebay-customer-service/contacting-ebay-customer-service?...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Just realized that it might make some sense to check the addresses you have on file.  Always good to do that periodically with the way people move around and "lend" their accounts to others.

Here is a picture of how to do that.

Address Check.jpg

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

That's why I don't do returns anymore. I was ripped off too many times on an old account in the mid 2000's, an account I started in 1996. 

It cuts very deep into your margins. A $20 item will turn into a $50 loss real quick. I may lose a few sales because of buyer wariness, but eventually my feedback score will counter that problem. With eBay's many fees, I'm not willing to take the chance on more debits to my account sheet.

If you make the change to your policy, aim for 100% transparency with your items. In the retail industry, they often say "under promise and over deliver". I always try and give my items a blunt description, and my handling time is listed at two days. The items are usually meeting or exceeding expectations, and I almost always drop items off in twelve hours or less (mostly same day).

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That's why I don't do returns anymore.

With the MBG policy, you may not WANT to accept returns, but the BUYER can still receive a refund, AND keep the item if EBAY gets involved in the buyer's claim process.  Ebays MBG policy trumps your "I don't do returns anymore in 99.9 % of claims filed by buyers."

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Yeah that person needs to do the sellers incantation every morning...

You can refuse RETURNS, but you can not refuse REFUNDS..... Ommmmmmmm

Message 8 of 8
latest reply