cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

global shipping responsibilities

Hello

As a seller, if I sell an item through global shipping, am I only responsible to get the item to the U.S. shipping location?  If the item is damaged after shipping from the U.S. to the foreign location, does eBay insure this item and who is responsible for refunding the customer and filing a claim with the shipping service?  I would assume I am only responsible to get it to the U.S. location and that after that I don't have any responsibility.  Has anyone had a damage/non receipt problem using Global Shipping?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I've been using GSP for several years. I have had maybe two items with arrival issues, that were not my issues due to participating in GSP.  The resolution has been instant when I informed eBay of a problem.

Your responsibility is to get the item to Erlanger, Kentucky. After inspection, etc, the item is shipped. Now you're done. It's out of your hands (the shipping loss/damage responsibilities. You responsibility now is to provide the buyer with the quality product they purchased.

Be aware....items can be held back from leaving Erlanger, due to customs of the destination country. I've had several no pass the test. With what I sell, I understand the failure of the item to continue on its journey. As a result, the buyer is refunded, I keep the sale proceeds, the item goes to limboland.

Only GSP for me.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

For items not received, or items damaged in transit, GSP is responsible. As always, if a buyer says not as described, then you are responsible.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 4
latest reply