cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postal Service

Does anyone else feel that the postal service has gotten so high it is hurting your sells? When you do make a sell a lot of the time the post office is the one who benefits the most. Almost feels like I'm getting robbed because I have to keep my prices real low to make up for the high postage.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Postal Service

@deltilogical wrote:

"But the cost of driving TO the post office has doubled."

literally doubled!

Truth be told I am not sure whether that is agreement or skepticism.

January 2021 gas was $2.25 - $2.50.

I filled up the other day at $5.76 regular.

There is a web site that tracks low priced gas and the lowest is $4.50 (still double) but the time and gas burned to get to them makes it not really the bargain it seems on a 10 gallon tank.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

@deltilogical wrote:

"But the cost of driving TO the post office has doubled."

literally doubled!

Truth be told I am not sure whether that is agreement or skepticism.

January 2021 gas was $2.25 - $2.50.

I filled up the other day at $5.76 regular.

There is a web site that tracks low priced gas and the lowest is $4.50 (still double) but the time and gas burned to get to them makes it not really the bargain it seems on a 10 gallon tank.

Gas was $2.25-2.50 at the height of the pandemic because demand was low. Now oil companies can use Putin's war as an excuse to raise prices, as well as the legitimate reason of increased demand.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

I ship via USPS exclusively. Yes... the rates are up (again), but still think it's the cheapest safe method for my items.

Not changing yet...

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

USPS is still the cheapest method to ship most items.  

Compare USPS prices with those at UPS, FedEx and DHS.

I'm not planning to switch!

🙂

They probably deliver to Mexico ......

Yep -- 'cause postal workers are the ONLY workers in America who receive "those Christmas bonuses and multiple free paid vacations every year."

Right.  Pull the other one now.

Any comments on that one, @lja440 ?

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

USPS is still a great deal on items up to 2 lbs and really great on items under 1 lb.

Just make sure to be comparing with UPS on bulky items and shipments that weigh over 2 lbs. 

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

I've become that guy who stuffs something in bubble wrap and in a flat rate envelope since padded are so expensive.... Sigh.  

Under 2 lbs, USPS .  Heavy but fits in a priority box is still viable, region a & B aren't so great anymore.  

Heavy?  Usps can't even compete with ups or fed ex, not ground, not parcel select... Nada 

Now I click economy shipping so I can pic the cheapest one.  I ship a lot of big/heavy stuff, under 50lbs but huge coffee makers or laptops lots up to 5 at a time or even pairs 

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Agreement!   Last year I would fill my rental car tank for under $2 a gallon on my occasional trips.   As you pointed out, in Jan it was half the cost.  

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

You, may not feel the pinch in your sales, but I do. PLUS the cost of gas prices.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply