cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Office is at fault for pkg going missing in shipping

I sent a pkg to Michigan on Feb. 18 and last track was in New Jersey Feb. 23

Since Feb 23 - the pkg has been "in Transit to Next Facility" I did contact & fill out

the USPS form for assistance after 14 days of no delivery (or tracking update)

The pkg is worth $69 - sent Media Mail due to it being DVD's.

Question is - buyer is now demanding his money back, which is understandable

but is this going to come out of my pocket or will the Ebay product guarantee cover me?

(Been 3 days on the USPS form & did get a "we'll help you till a solution is found" )

Bummed that I paid $79 for DVD's brand new and sold for $69 - looking at possible

loss of $148? (Insert VERY sad face here)

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Post Office is at fault for pkg going missing in shipping

Sorry to read this.  

I would be a bit more wary of using Media Mail going forward.  Whilst it IS cheap, it's also not very reliable.  I would consider MM for catalogs or periodicals only.  I, too, have had issues on the receiving end with regards to a seller using MM.  So, I definitely ask if I can pay more for piece of mind.

Hope everything works out for you.

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

@deltapupjux wrote:

Sorry to read this.  

I would be a bit more wary of using Media Mail going forward.  Whilst it IS cheap, it's also not very reliable.  I would consider MM for catalogs or periodicals only.  I, too, have had issues on the receiving end with regards to a seller using MM.  So, I definitely ask if I can pay more for piece of mind.

Catalogs and periodicals are not eligible for media mail.

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

@bunchick wrote:

I've sent alot of boxes with paper cushion - and they all made it.

Many people/companies have sent me boxes with paper cushion & I've gotten the pkgs.

Even with bubble wrap and the box is crushed - the bubble wrap will also be popped.

This was just negligence on the Post Office's part. 

Had several regular size envelopes not make their destination, which made my payments

late. Post Office for the most part are workers who really don't give a darn....I've had alot

of crabby post workers at the desk taking my pkgs. If they hate their jobs so much, get a new one!

Items arriving OK with crumpled paper for packing is JUST LUCK.

It's near to impossible to pop bubblewrap through a box. Heck it takes putting enough pressure on each individual bubble. Granted in it's self each bubble isn't that tough. I could pop some of them if I stood my 200# on a sheet of them on the floor, but if I laid a sheet of corrugated cardboard on top I would literally have to jump up and down to get them to pop. 

I know this sounds weird, but I also send troop care packages. To protect items without using a lot of packing materials I have done a lot of testing. Including standing and jumping on boxes and throwing them down my basement steps. I am proud to say I can now ship a soldiers favorite salsa and chips to Afghanistan without the glass jar breaking or the chips being crushed.  

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

@deltapupjux wrote:

Sorry to read this.  

Catalogs or periodicals DO NOT QUALIFY for Media Mail.

I deal a lot in records which do qualify and are usually shipped Media Mail. HUNDREDS of packages of these have arrived in great condition. I have never had any damage with Media Mail coming or going.

Message 49 of 51
latest reply

Update on my situation (thanks everyone for your helpful replies)

So as I expected - my bozo buyer DID leave me negative feedback saying

"item not received, ebay refund me, seller made excuses"

I was angry (but not surprised) by his feedback

Post Office lost/damaged his pkg - I refunded the buyer / NOT ebay & telling him about 4 times in replies to his  messages, once the pkg is at Post Office its out of my hands of what happens (he calls that "my excuses" )

So I was able to get ebay to remove his negative feedback due to it being so unfair - I lost 12 DVD's and payed

the buyer back ($69) out of my paypal account...

Ebay did remove his comment immediately - but I still have that red negative dot on my account and also 

negative in my feedback ratings.

Ebay did say

"We've removed the feedback as it does qualify under our removal policies. Please allow up to 24 hours for it to be removed from the feedback page"

Its now been 3 days and the Red Negative dot is still on my account ...

Any one have this problem and how can I contact ebay to remove the negative dot? 
(Looked all over ebay's help, etc...and I can't find a way to contact them about this)

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

They are using posting ids not their seller ids

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 51 of 51
latest reply