cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Shipping to the UK from the USA?

Hello. I sell rare gemstones, mostly. I have a customer in the UK who successfully purchased one gemstone and has been trying to buy others of my gemstones. However, he keeps getting blocked from buying with an eBay message that says something like, "this seller does not ship to the UK". This is not true. I sell to almost everyone, including the UK. I have double and triple checked my settings and there are no problems. I called eBay the other day and was told that, for some ridiculous reason, my gemstones were declared as not complying with the UK's stringent carbon emissions requirement. The buyer cleared his cache/cookies to make sure it was not something from his computer. My buyer and I are starting to feel a bit frustrated. I'm going to call EB again today. Is anyone else experiencing this? Do you have any solutions?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

I'm not sure what's causing the issue, but I can say you probably shouldn't trust anything eBay phone reps tell you.  They're notorious for giving people the runaround.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Don't know much about shipping, as I no longer sell here; however, when, in one of your listings (not the one mentioned here), I do not see England, Great Britain, or the UK (all the same place) in the extensive list of places you do ship to.  Nor do I see it  listed in the places you don't ship  to.

Is that normal? 

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

I had the same issue when trying to sell Hot Wheels to UK

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

As said above looking at one of your ads (actually in the UK) no mention of UK.

All I see is "The seller has not specified a postage method to United Kingdom. Contact the seller  and request postage to your location."

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Not sure that's the issue here.  As mentioned previously, Great Britain, UK or England are not mentioned in the OP's list of places he ships to nor of places  he does not ship to.  

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Looked at a few of your listings and none of them showed shipping to the UK.

This is what Google says:

"Importing gemstones to the UK can be a profitable business, but it is important to be aware of the regulations and requirements. Gemstones must be certified by a reputable gemological laboratory and must meet the standards set by the UK government"

Have a great day
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

I noticed that too when I first decided to start shipping internationally. I still don't know why the UK, nor its constituent countries, is not listed. Yet, I've never had a problem shipping there before. Anyone else know?

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

If it was originally stated that you DO ship there, but suddenly that info has disappeared from the list, how hard is it to revise the listing to include the UK?  Sorry I don't know, but I  no longer sell.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Interesting. I just sent an invoice to the buyer since he was able to commit to buying one gem (but not allowed to pay). When I looked at the invoice, a shipping method was not selected. I chose 'standard international' and then eBay let me send the invoice. In all listings, I have 'standard shipping' selected. So, this is a step that I have never had to take before. Perhaps the UK is not accepting this as a choice? I don't know yet if the buyer can pay the invoice. I'll inform when I find out.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Thanks, I did not know that. It is still a vague requirement (what is 'reputable', etc.).

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

There are quite a few items that EIS won’t ship to the UK. You have a few items that show shipping there but the majority of your loose gemstones do not.  

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Don't know much about shipping, as I no longer sell here; however, when, in one of your listings (not the one mentioned here), I do not see England, Great Britain, or the UK (all the same place) in the extensive list of places you do ship to.  Nor do I see it  listed in the places you don't ship  to.

Is that normal? 

Yes that’s normal for the EIS.  They don’t exclude locations but if they won’t ship that item or category to a country it will say shipping not specified when a buyer looks at the listing.

The seller can add  another method that ships to the UK if they choose to. 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Thanks for helping with enlightenment on this one. I wonder why they refuse some gems and not others.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@frommichel wrote:

Thanks for helping with enlightenment on this one. I wonder why they refuse some gems and not others.

@frommichel see post #7- that's probably why.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply