cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Shipping to the UK from the USA?

Hello. I sell rare gemstones, mostly. I have a customer in the UK who successfully purchased one gemstone and has been trying to buy others of my gemstones. However, he keeps getting blocked from buying with an eBay message that says something like, "this seller does not ship to the UK". This is not true. I sell to almost everyone, including the UK. I have double and triple checked my settings and there are no problems. I called eBay the other day and was told that, for some ridiculous reason, my gemstones were declared as not complying with the UK's stringent carbon emissions requirement. The buyer cleared his cache/cookies to make sure it was not something from his computer. My buyer and I are starting to feel a bit frustrated. I'm going to call EB again today. Is anyone else experiencing this? Do you have any solutions?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: No Shipping to the UK from the USA?

Are all of your gemstones in the same category or sub-category?

Are the ones which can be shipped in a different category from the one's that cannot.

EIS blocks categories where there are import restrictions which appear to apply.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Nope. My gemstones cover a wide range of types. Might be interesting to learn the motivation behind the selective gemstone blocking - if there was some logic to the choices, then working with it would be easier.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Don't know anything about them, but maybe it's the type of stone?

Have a great day
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

The eIS "AI" (such as it is) isn't terribly sophisticated.  It's likely reacting to something in the Item Specifics section of the listing, but what exactly it is reacting to probably won't be clear even if we compare several of the OP's listings.  My uneducated guess is the stones' countries of origin.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Interesting idea. I'll compare such details as I get more orders from the UK.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

I don't hink it had anything to do with what you are selling.   Today when I was browsing for a water filter at 9:30am Pac. Time in the U.S. no shipping amounts showed for any of the listings.   When I looked at my listings (all of them) I saw the information that stated shipping to the UK was not available and no information was shown for U.S. ship costs.  eBay indicated that on their end in the phone conversation the shipping costs were displayed.   While I waited I logged out of my account and logged back in and everything was back as it should have been.  I have no idea if this was the fix or if it was coincidence that eBay fixed some sort of issue at that timeframe.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Do you have a specific price listed for shipping to the UK? Or did you just settle for the generic Europe when giving prices?

If the customer contacts you, give him a price. Then worry about what the listing says.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Sellers do not specify prices or locations when they use the EIS.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Thank you! I kept asking the customer to clear out his cache and log out/in. Once he finally did, I was able to send to him an invoice - but not until then. Even then, shipping options were weird.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply