cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION: Leaving Ebay

Such a HUGE weight will be lifted off my shoulders this coming year ! ! In order to stop the stress and HUGE FRAUD from buyers on Ebay, I will be leaving permanently after 18 years selling here. Ebay does not value me what so ever, and never did. I just got off the phone with a Ebay customer representative who refused to help me with buyer fraud. I pay Ebay between 4-6k per month to sell on Ebay only to be told there was nothing they can do about buyers committing fraud. All I can do is report it, because Ebay refuses to help me. Since Ebay is OK with buyer fraud as usual, STILL after 18 years selling on Ebay, I will be leaving ASAP. BUYER FRAUD is rampant on Ebay, and Ebay does NOTHING about it what so ever. Good bye Ebay. I am not paying you hundreds of thousands of dollars every year for you to tell me you won't help me. You have other sellers to rip off instead of me. Hopefully that is someones salary at Ebay, that you will now lay off.

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: NEW YEARS RESOLUTION: Leaving Ebay

How logical is continued toleration, if you find that something has for you, become extremely unsatisfactory, & you have the resources to escape ?

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

@horseofcoursellc wrote:

When I phone Ebay and prove obvious fraud and Ebay says its OK if I loose X amount of dollars because there is nothing they can do about it, but in fact they used to do something about it, but refuse to help now. You are obviously OK with fraud that can be stopped by Ebay but then they refuse to. NO worries. After 18 years and having ebay encourage, promote and facilitate fraud so many times. Yes, I will be leaving as soon as possible. Ebay can find some other sucker seller such as yourself to allow a buyer to rip off. I don't want to give any company 4-6k per month that promotes and facilitates obvious fraud. After all, they do not care because its not their money.

@horseofcoursellc 

eh, you can hurdle insults my way, but that doesn't change my opinion, nor make them invalid.   No, I am not worried about getting ripped off on eBay, because I learned a few techniques one can use to thwart possible fraud and what to do when fraud happens.  But you see the difference between you and me is that :

1.  I took time to use resources here to learn what one can do and what techniques work.

2.  I do not expect eBay to do anything FOR me, I expect to handle my own business.

What it looks like to me is that you want to blame eBay?  From this chair it looks like you should blame yourself for having a business problem and not looking for solutions.   Successful businesses face their problems and don't run away from them, they take an approach like the Marines: improvise, adapt & overcome. 

How will you react in the face of adversity?   Will you respond and save your business or cut off your nose to spite your face?

So why don't you give some specifics of what you consider fraud and perhaps the community can provide some solutions?  What steps did you take to prevent fraud?  Most of what you think of as "proof" is probably not even considered by eBay.

Bottom line: You want help or just want to complain?  The former is a good way to start the New Year!

Message 32 of 52
latest reply

@horseofcoursellc wrote:

Bogus SNAD claims are one of the biggest frauds on Ebay. Especially when the buyer PROVES it in their own words right on the SNAD claim. Ebay does not care if the buyer says your item was perfect but they did not know what else to choose as a reason for the return.... Loosing a lot of money now, when Ebay used to not allow this to happen. I have been doing this for 18 years. Earlier when you could prove to ebay from the buyers own words on the SNAD claim that it is a bogus claim, they used to take care of the seller and have the buyer return the item(s) at the buyers expense, and then deduct the original shipping cost when the item was returned, making it clearly a buyers remorse return instead of a SNAD, which also counts as a defect BTW - WAKE UP PEOPLE! Its your money Ebay is facilitating fraud with ! !

So you are quitting because you had to pay for return shipping on a few items?  You mean you didn't have the cost of returns worked into your business plan?

Message 33 of 52
latest reply

This is true, but your premise is laughable. I share this sellers frustration with eBay. eBay is 100% right, they can't control people committing fraud, but they can control the seller protection they claim to have. I think that's the real issue. They take the fees, they tell us we are protected, they tell us if a buyer does "x" but you as the seller does "y" then you are protected because "x" is a violation of eBay's policies. It all sounds really good until you provide all the evidence needed and they don't bother to view it (which is exactly what happens). Then when you call they say, "build theft into your business model" or "we see the information you provided but its your word against theirs." That's the real frustration of most. eBay is just as dishonest as one of these thieves that use eBay to steal from people. 

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

It is unfortunate that you are such a nasty vile person that you don't even realize that my years of experience and knowledge of Ebay rules and policies and how they change them to suit their needs is making me feel this way. You are not so smart. I am not looking to save my businesses. I am selling them. At my age, I have seen much of the ugliness of the human race. I have also seen compassion and understanding. I see you are not a person who  has any compassion what so ever. You see, I am glad to move on and sell my businesses that I have built up all these years for a small fortune, enough to say goodbye to all the hassle, fraud, people like you, and everyday being up at 4AM to get 40+ packages out the door by 8AM for my mail carrier. I am sad to watch my husband dying in a wheelchar, but I still have to keep everything going here. The rescue horses come next on the list of things to do. I have already shut down my main Ebay store.  I have been consistant and knowledgble in what I am doing. I am glad you love to be ripped off, perhaps you will never be able to retire and have nice things like I do. I plan on traveling most of this year and seeing this wonderful country hopefully before my husband dies. You can go back into your hole and bullet proof your Ebay business.  If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all. You are not being helpful. You are a bully.  You seem to need Ebay, I don't. God bless you. 

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

I do this to support rescue horses. I do not expect Ebay to facilitate obvious fraud. When the buyer says they are committing fraud right in their own words on a SNAD claim. Ebay used to do something about it, and now they refuse to, there is no seller protection. I am told by Ebay reps. essentially to fight fraud with fraud. I am not a dishonest person, but ebay wants me to be. That does not sit well with me.

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

I'm new also to selling and already I have had two people say the item was damaged when received and wouldn't return it. When the 10 day time ran out on it and they wouldn't return it EBay took all of it out of my paypal!!!  I called and raised all kinds of hell and guess what, the customer got to keep it for free!  When you list something it says that they have 30 days to return it and THEY have to pay to return it.  But when you open the case up, it doesn't give you that option to agree to refund after you receive the item back.  Only thing close is you pay for the shipping then complain like hell after for them to reimburse the shipping to you.  Also, I haven't found what sells good and I have multiple type items.  I seem to be loosing more than making with the fees etc.

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

@gccarriere wrote:

I'm new also to selling and already I have had two people say the item was damaged when received and wouldn't return it. When the 10 day time ran out on it and they wouldn't return it EBay took all of it out of my paypal!!!  I called and raised all kinds of hell and guess what, the customer got to keep it for free!  When you list something it says that they have 30 days to return it and THEY have to pay to return it.  But when you open the case up, it doesn't give you that option to agree to refund after you receive the item back.  Only thing close is you pay for the shipping then complain like hell after for them to reimburse the shipping to you.  Also, I haven't found what sells good and I have multiple type items.  I seem to be loosing more than making with the fees etc.

seller pays return shipping on NAD...

if seller refuses to pay return shipping, buyer gets refund, buyer keeps item...

you can say no returns/no refunds/buyer pays return shipping until the cows come home... if buyer says NAD, seller pays... you have almost no rights as a seller... buyers have all the rights...

that's just how it is...

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

@gccarriere wrote:

If an item is not as described, the seller has to pay for the return shipping. You need to read the buyer protection policy, which eBay call s the Money Back Guarantee.  Refusing to do so results in a full refund for the buyer without having to return the item.  

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

The "buyer pays for returns" policy that shows up in your listing applies to situations where the buyer just changes their mind and decides to return the item, without filing a claim  for "Not as described."

Message 39 of 52
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

The "buyer pays for returns" policy that shows up in your listing applies to situations where the buyer just changes their mind and decides to return the item, without filing a claim  for "Not as described."

which is about one in a million...

Message 40 of 52
latest reply

Six weeks in, the OP who was leaving ASAP still has over 1800 listings...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 41 of 52
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Six weeks in, the OP who was leaving ASAP still has over 1800 listings...

Don't you just love drop shippers?

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

Yes, you are correct in that retailers have to account for fraud...with video cameras, watchers acting as customers, magnetic door sensors, police and the reporting of a crime, etc.

What does eBay do?

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm leaving Ebay, the new forced payment system is the last straw. I will be selling on other platforms elsewhere.  I had many years of good times on Ebay, but the magic is gone.... 

Farewell.

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

tweeterhorse wrote:

Such a HUGE weight will be lifted off my shoulders this coming year ! ! In order to stop the stress and HUGE FRAUD from buyers on Ebay, I will be leaving permanently after 18 years selling here. Ebay does not value me what so ever, and never did. I just got off the phone with a Ebay customer representative who refused to help me with buyer fraud. I pay Ebay between 4-6k per month to sell on Ebay only to be told there was nothing they can do about buyers committing fraud. All I can do is report it, because Ebay refuses to help me. Since Ebay is OK with buyer fraud as usual, STILL after 18 years selling on Ebay, I will be leaving ASAP. BUYER FRAUD is rampant on Ebay, and Ebay does NOTHING about it what so ever. Good bye Ebay. I am not paying you hundreds of thousands of dollars every year for you to tell me you won't help me. You have other sellers to rip off instead of me. Hopefully that is someones salary at Ebay, that you will now lay off.

Four months later and you're still here selling sub par items.

Message 45 of 52
latest reply