cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lable rip off

I created label to ship product out.  I went to FedEx they scanned and We realized the wrong type of shipping was printed. FedEx told me they will delete it and I shouldn't be charged for it. I print new label from ebay again and sent put it.  I contacted ebay over 5 times and talk to supervisor and they can't refund my bad label which never was used. FedEx told me they can't refund as there is no invoice for that label . They said label was deleted as package never left the facility. 

How do I get refund?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Lable rip off

You have 5 days to void the shipping label.
Go to your shipping labels and click Void in the menu next to the label.
It'll take 3 to 4 weeks to receive the refund.
https://www.ebay.com/lbr/labels-history/seller-hub

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Lable rip off

If the label was voided, you should get a refund within 2 weeks.

They have to allow time to ensure the label isn't actually used.  You can also view label status for those you buy on eBay here:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/labels/seller-hub

This also allows you to re-print labels, void labels, etc.

@kensgiftshop gator08041971_0-1709140875556.png

Go to your shipping labels and click Void in the menu next to the label.

This may not help, as they used a scan to create a label at FedEx.  Not through eBay directly, however I provided a link to the tool, just in case.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Lable rip off

I know but it would not allow me the same day because Fedex scanned the label and deleted at their store. Ebay does not want to contact Fedex to verify  that Fedex did not even billed them for the label. Fedex told me ebay must to contact them in order to confirm there is no invoice.  so the ebay just ripped me off on the label charge 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Lable rip off

yes, I tried the same day and ebay told me to wait and I will get refund and so Fedex told me to call back to request refund once invoice created. 20 days later the ebay does not want to bother to call Fedex and Fedex told me there is no invoice as label was deleted by Fedex. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Lable rip off

@oleg2go wrote:

I created label to ship product out.  I went to FedEx they scanned and We realized the wrong type of shipping was printed. FedEx told me they will delete it and I shouldn't be charged for it.

FedEx lied to you.

Because you purchased the label using eBay's FedEx account, you were charged at the time you purchased the label.

As with any carrier, once the package gets an acceptance scan it cannot be voided.

FedEx should have let the package go through on the original label then their system would apply a cost adjustment after the fact.

FedEx did you a disservice here and you're stuck. You can contact eBay CS to explain the situation and see if they'll give you a one time courtesy credit, but honestly I would not count on that. The original error stemmed from you purchasing the wrong label, not from an eBay system issue, then the situation was made worse when you got bad advice from the FedEx rep.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply