cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just tried new international shipping program - here's what to expect.

I'm sending a 6 pound package to a buyer in Germany. Ordinarily I would use USPS Priority Mail (cost $63.75) The new program was $57.00. Pirateship was the same $63.75.

So first - yes saved some money.

BUT

It shows a ship to address of:

EBAY INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY LAX

with an address in Redondo Beach CA.

and it is marked "Priority Mail 2-day". It shows a typical USPS tracking number but then below that a secondary bar code beginning ESUS. It is that ESUS number which shows up on my sold items page, not the USPS number. So if you do not make a note of that USPS number you will have no way of verifying that it actually made it to Redondo Beach.

I clicked the tracking number and it shows an estimated delivery date of Sunday March 15.

I know from past experience that shipments to Germany have only taken about 7-10 days by USPS so I am concerned about that 3/15 date. What is my buyer going to think when he sees that?

There is a reference number at the bottom of the label but I do not see any connection between that number and my order so it must be an internal thing to help them sort the package,.

Neither by buyer's name nor address nor country shows anywhere on the label.

It does show my address as the "ship from" although on these it also shows my eBay username.

If we ship to a freight forwarder then the delivery is considered complete once the forwarder gets it. i.e. no Not Received claim later on from the ultimate buyer.

Will the same apply here? If it gets lost between CA and Germany am I covered?

UNFORTUNATELY the label has the same orientation problems that FedEx labels have. I had to do a "screen print" and transfer it to a jpeg program to be able to rotate the label to get it to print correctly.

Hope this helps.

Message 1 of 111
latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

Re: Just tried new international shipping program - here's what to expect.

Hey guys! I have a package coming from Reno, by Ebay International Shipping. It was accepted at Reno’s USPS at May 11th, and arrived at Redondo Beach’s Consolidation Center at May 14th. But it is still there until today (June 5th). Do you know if this long period at the consolidation center is normal? Because the estimated delivery period has already started, but the package didn’t leave the USA, and it’s coming to Brazil. I’m starting to worry if my things got lost =/

Message 91 of 111
latest reply

I use eBay Int'l shipping and have had good experience with it

Brazil is considered an epicenter, so flights, postal carriers, etc are severely limited

You are protected by eBay's money back guarantee, but I urge patience in these trying times

Here is the tracking system I use because it gives very detailed info on the package's shipping travels>

http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking

Message 92 of 111
latest reply

Another way to track ISD shipments is through PitneyBowes’ tracking site:

https://parceltracking.pb.com

or

https://tracking.pb.com

I’m in Canada and I just learned about this program today.  While I’m finding the discussion of aspects of the program such as indemnity, delivery confirmation and shipping labels to be interesting, I don’t sell from the US!  I buy stuff from y’all!  Has there been any feedback from your buyers on this service? From what I can see, it adds five bucks to the buyer’s shipping cost of a lightweight First Class International shipment and offers absolutely no edge in transit time.

By the way, remember that shipment to Singapore that ended up in Germany?  I don’t think that was the same shipment.  I think the same tracking number got transmitted to the buyer in Singapore as one for an item bound for Germany, and the one destined for Germany got the mailing label.

Message 93 of 111
latest reply

Hello again.

My package didn’t arrive and the estimated delivery period was until yesterday. I sent the seller a message telling him that the package was still at Redondo Beach’s Consolidation Center, since May 14th, and that I was getting worried it may have gotten lost in the distribution center. I asked if he could contact eBay and ask them.

The seller replied to me that this means that the package had already left the US and it was transiting in Brazil. Do you guys know if this is right? ‘Cause I’ve seen in this forum that, when the package was going to Singapore, the tracking status changed and showed all the steps, even in Singapore. 

Message 94 of 111
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

I use eBay Int'l shipping and have had good experience with it

Brazil is considered an epicenter, so flights, postal carriers, etc are severely limited

You are protected by eBay's money back guarantee, but I urge patience in these trying times

Here is the tracking system I use because it gives very detailed info on the package's shipping travels>

http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking

Hello!

I tried to use this website, and it is showing the same things that are shown at my eBay page. But there’s one more information, saying that my package is coming by DHL e-commerce parcel priority. I checked DHL website and says there that, packages coming to Brazil may experience a delay of 2 business days. But if my package is on its way and was going to arrive until tomorrow (2 days after limit), shouldn’t it show something different of “REDONDO BEACH , CA - Arrived at Consolidation Center. Shipment is being processed.”?

Message 95 of 111
latest reply

@magno.ufrj 

did you try this link?

https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/?tracking

Remember, just because it says 2 days, does not mean it is literally a 2 day delay.  

I'm sure you know with this pandemic, there are many moving parts.

Message 96 of 111
latest reply

Spoiler
Just tried this link and it says that my tracking number was not found. Because I only have that tracing number that starts with ESUS =\

Guess I’ll have to wait a few days and see what happens...
Message 97 of 111
latest reply

ok then the best tracking system would be the 1st one i gave since it shows which shipping companies are moving your package

Message 98 of 111
latest reply

A quick update about my case...

I sent an e-mail to DHL on Tuesday (07/07) regarding my package. I explained on my mail that it was sent by eBay international, but at the http://parcelsapp.com/ it was showing as if DHL were the one to bring it to Rio de Janeiro. They never answered me, but on July 8th, the package appeared as "in transit"... I guess they read my e-mail, searched for my package and moved it. When/if it arrives, I'll come again to tell you all about it...

Message 99 of 111
latest reply

I just tried it for a 2oz package to France. It has now been in transit for over 30 days. My customer is livid and so am I. Here is the currennt status. https://track.aftership.com/trackings?courier=dhl-global-mail&tracking-numbers=ESUS23153319

Hopefully, it will delivered soon. I am at wits end, and will never use this eBay service again. Not Happy. Ajkenne4xm3

Message 100 of 111
latest reply

I wrote a whole long post on eBay Stand International

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Problems-with-eBay-International-Standard-Shi...

Here's the gist. USPS to DHL center in USA to buyer country PO (maybe DHL a couple of countries).  Not sure why but tracking is difficult.  There can be ,ore than 1 tracking number the second tracking number is for the country of destination PO. Here's the kicker. It may not be their system until package actually arrives in country. This happened to one of my packages. We found the tracking number on this site (https://www.ship24.com/) but the local PO said it didn't exist until like magic it did 2 days before expected delivery.  The package appeared in limbo having left one place and in transit (Germany to Belgium) for two weeks! Buyer filed a claim. Package did arrive but total hassle. 

My theory is that DHL (ebay uses their ecommerce shipping not express) has a contract date for each package and it sits somewhere and is delivered into the local PO system with enough time to make the contract date. Assume that's the discount that DHL decides, or maybe when they have space, to move an item and only commit to a date certain arrival. When you use EIS shipping you will see long dates. I shipped 7/12 and the item arrived 9/2. USPS would have been 10 days max, especially to the EU.

No longer offer that service not worth it.

Message 101 of 111
latest reply

Hi bigdealsetc - Do you mind sharing exactly where you found that paragraph that you quoted?

I'm getting ready to test it for you.  I used this "International Standard Delivery" for the first time, mailing a package to Australia. It left here on Dec 21, and fell off the face of the earth. Tracking shows its arrival at the "Consolidation Center" on Dec 26, and nothing since. 

My buyer hasn't filed a case yet, just contacted me asking where the heck his item was, so I opened a Missing Mail case on USPS just now.   I'm certain ebay can't do ANYTHING until he opens a case, so I urged him to do that. We'll see. 

I'm irritated that I chose a service I wasn't completely familiar with, and I'm doubly irritated that I can't find out exactly where this "Consolidation Center" in Redondo Beach is. Why no address?  Really flaky. 

Message 102 of 111
latest reply

girlishcloset - YAY YOU!!!   Thanks to your DHL link, I've found that my lost package was delivered to Australian customs this past weekend, and at least I know where the hell it is!  I also signed up for their Status notifications, so hopefully my more than patient buyer will have his gravy boat in his hands before too long. LOL! 

You sure saved me a headache. Thanks again. 

Kelli

Message 103 of 111
latest reply

Thank you for this link! This was the first time I had done international shipping so when I saw that it was sent to CA, I was very worried. 

Thanks again!

Message 104 of 111
latest reply

I sent out a eBay international  shipping package from the Bay Area on 2/9/21 USPS Priority show's it reached Redondo Beach on 2/11/21. It is now 2/22. 11 days after it reached the eBay international shipper and the ESUS tracking # is still showing the package as not being received? I called eBay about it and they tried to tell me it hadn't my town. Good thing I got a receipt from the post office showing Priority tracking sent it to RedondoScreenshot (52).png Beach on the 11th. I'm freaking out a bit cuz it was a $180 item and the eBay seller protection I believe is only $100. I hope I'm wrong about that?

Message 105 of 111
latest reply