cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items not returned. Allow eBay to step in or just call CS?

Buyer opened return requests about 3 weeks ago, but never sent the items back.   Got the email from eBay today saying to refund buyer or "ask us to step in".    I'm scared to use the latter, since I have read so many stories about buyers getting refunded when they shouldn't have been.  Buyer did not upload any tracking and i didn't get the items back. 

So is it safe to use the "ask us to step in form" and select "I haven't received the item yet"and pray that the bots don't screw up or should I just call and speak to CS to have it closed? 

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If it was a NAD return request, call ebay and have them close the return.

If it was a remorse return, I would do nothing and let the request close on its own which will take another couple of weeks.

Either way, DO NOT ask ebay to step in. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your reply.

Yes it was a remorse/ "changed my mind" return. 

I'll give CS  a call when they open and have them close it.    

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I wouldn't do that.  They will give the buyer more time.   I'd leave it alone.  Just ignore it and it will close on its own in a few weeks. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I agree with Op. Don't call. I had the same issue, only my buyer claimed ordered by mistake. They never shipped the package back and I got several emails from eBay stating to refund buyer or ask them to step in. I igored the emails. Eventually the return will time out. If you call ebay you may risk them refunding the buyer.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@green-night wrote:

If it was a NAD return request, call ebay and have them close the return.

If it was a remorse return, I would do nothing and let the request close on its own which will take another couple of weeks.

Either way, DO NOT ask ebay to step in. 

/\/\/\/\

THIS is the correct answer. Let sleeping dog lie. It will close on its own in 30 days. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply