cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to edit shipping labels before purchasing them?

I sold an item with shipping based on weight and location of buyer.  They paid $12 for shipping, I got a 25% shipping discount from eBay and the amount I paid is printed on the shipping label.  No doubt the buyer will see what I paid for shipping vs. what he was told the shipping cost was and I'll get an email or unfavorable feedback.  🙄 Is there a way to edit the label to not show the shipping cost on it?  There used to be an option.  Maybe I missed it tonight.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a way to edit shipping labels before purchasing them?

Yes!!   When you are completing the form to buy the label... filling in the weight, dimensions, etc. ... further down on the form, after all the shipping choices, is the option to NOT show the label cost.  Click on that. 

No price will show on the label.  This will stay in effect on future labels and only change if you change it.  Good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You can void the label and purchase a new one, or if you have photoshop you can pull in the PDF and white out the price.

The setting is near the bottom of the page before you purchase the label.

In the screenshot below, under Additional Options, uncheck the box that says display postage value on label.

shipping insurance.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

If the postage is part of the carrier's system of establishing factural & official postage being paid, do not alter it. It can make the postage invalid & they do not have to refund it as you did make it ineligible. I don't know the service you used to print - my ebay labels have not reflected dollar amount as a seller for years. There is a check box in the options before purchasing postage that will remove it from visibility.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

And it is ok to make some money on shipping. Ebay has taken about $1.80 on the $12 shipping charge in their fees. So you got around $10.20 net of expenses.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Cut out the price.  VEry simple.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Rubbish. They have other ways of knowing what postage was paid.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I believe you can use a sharpie to redact the shipping price. (Don't redact anything else.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Just make sure that the marker completely covers the price.  You need to use a black marker and not a light color.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I've 'marked it out'; just as I do on the 'return address' is the buyer is within driving distance of my home and I have NEVER had an issue with a shipment. Done it many times.

In the future; at the bottom of the shipping page; you can 'uncheck' the box that puts that price on the label;

Once you 'uncheck it'; it will stay unchecked.

Once you check it, it will stay checked for all future label purchases. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

They are still cracking down upon counterfeit postage. Do not be surprised if it has issues when you alter it. Any excuse to collect money is valid for USPS. Plus, if you can't identify the postage paid in this case, you can't get it refunded either. They are seeking every dollar they can: Counterfeit Postage Arrest 

They are also in the process of decertifying most current in use postage meters & replacing them with new technology. Should you be using an older meter, you may want to check out Pitney Bowes for more info. Some decertify as early as next year. Meter changes 

Not saying every case will - but they are not blind or ignorant, just very large.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

eBay provides discounted shipping rates to sellers, and it's common for sellers to receive a discount on shipping costs. However, these discounts are typically not reflected on the shipping label itself.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@woodrowmo-30 wrote:

eBay provides discounted shipping rates to sellers ... these discounts are typically not reflected on the shipping label itself.

If the postage cost is printed on the label, it will show the discounted price that the seller actually paid.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Yes!!   When you are completing the form to buy the label... filling in the weight, dimensions, etc. ... further down on the form, after all the shipping choices, is the option to NOT show the label cost.  Click on that. 

No price will show on the label.  This will stay in effect on future labels and only change if you change it.  Good luck.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply