cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a global forwarding transaction

So before explaining what happened the name in PayPal is Chinese.

So yesterday I got a message from a user with no rating from China created on September of last year. And he said the following: “I really want to get this product, but I was surprised to find that mailing to mainland China is not supported (I am Chinese, I have no malicious intentions, please forgive me), can I ship to mainland China? Please, I really need this product! If you can help me, I really appreciate you!)” And then he gave me a Chinese address. I refused this and blocked it since I don’t send anything to China. Today they item was sold to another user (Account from the US) with 1 rating created on October of last year and the address was the Oregon one, I suppose they found a way to bypass or send it to China.

I’ve made some small research and some users say it’s fine, others say that it’s too fishy and that there are many scammers that do this. That even eBay has advised them to don’t take such risks. Question is, what do I do? In my personal opinion I don’t want to sell the item (105$) and get scammed like I’ve read others have.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Help with a global forwarding transaction

the address was the Oregon one, I suppose they found a way to bypass or send it to China.

It is the address of a reshipper that forwards items to clients in the Pacific rim.  The use of a US freight forwarder allows international users to bid/buy items from US sellers who do not wish to ship internationally.  

If the buyer is asking you to "change the ship to address"  to bypass the forwarding service, do not do it.  You are supposed to ship only to the address provided with the order/payment. 

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

" item was sold to another user (Account from the US) with 1 rating created on October of last year and the address was the Oregon one"

Most transactions that use freight forwarders are completed successfully. 

There are scammers who use freight forwarding services, just as there are scammers who do not.  The use of a forwarding service is not evidence that this buyer is a scammer. I would ship.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I might be out of buisness if I stopped shipping to Oregon.they are very active since the high taxes in California went into effect

I will only ship to Asia with edelcon shipping such as Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong

China does not have tracking for 1st class shipping.........I wish it did

all the reshippers are great to ship to

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Alright, so I’ll follow your advice guys. I’ve decided to ship. I’ll update you guys on how the transaction goes. Thank you for your replies!

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Yufra0,

I just got a similar request on my etsy shop and found similar scam vs no scam advice about using this address/ global shipper and not sure what to do.

I am deciding about what to do and wanted to know

how did your experience turn out?

bougainvillea gallery

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

boguesmom, yufra0, How did these transactions turn out?  I've just got an order that has this same address to ship to.  Did everything turn out well with you shipping there?

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@tmarsha10 wrote:

boguesmom, yufra0, How did these transactions turn out?  I've just got an order that has this same address to ship to.  Did everything turn out well with you shipping there?

I ship to forwarders in Oregon, Florida and Delaware VERY frequently. The ones in Portland are popular with Asian buyers.

Hundreds, perhaps thousands of orders and never a single problem.

The forwarders in  Oregon used to be based in California but they moved to a no Sales Tax state when the Marketplace Facilitator laws came into effect. The east coast ones that used to mostly be in New York moved to Delaware for the same reason.

I'm not sure what's going to happen in Florida,  eBay and other marketplaces just started collecting Florida Sales Tax on July 1st.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Thanks for your response- it definitely makes me feel more at ease. It was a relatively high-dollar item so I wanted to double check before it goes out the door. I believe the actual buyer is based in China so that makes sense that it is going to the Portland shipper.  🙂 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

numisnorway
Trailblazer

the Chinese are usually very good buyers., after all they have very strict laws there. I've had a few strange buyers from there as well with 0 feedback accounts etc and it has always turned out well. I think they do this sort of stuff to hinder government surveillance.. as in making a ton of burner-accounts and just dispose of then after each purchase.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I'm a chinese.

It's a common forwarding address.Don't worry too much, fraud is unlikely to happen as Paypal's risk controls are very tight.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@yufra0I was leery of freight forwarders when I first started selling, but have had really good results. I had one buyer in Russia open an INAD as soon as the item scanned in for tracking at the US freight forwarding address (that was on the ebay sales record). I immediately replied that they should return it and we would issue a full refund once we received it back. They never used the label we provided on ebay and we never heard from them again.

One thing to note - if you google the address of the freight forwarder and it comes up with SCAM results, make sure you read the date and the name(s) of the buyer. Many posts were from more than 10 years ago with variations on the same buyer name. Best of luck to you!

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@boguesmom wrote:

how did your experience turn out?

You will find an even split in the forum. Most sales conclude without problems but ebay recently stopped enforcing just about all seller protections on items that no longer qualify for the MBG when a customer uses a re-shipping service.....because get this...your customer may work there.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

If you change addy given you lose.

You send to a freight forward unless they say freight has been forwarded:

you lose in a case: due to buyers protection is still good.

Option are to ship:

other option is to cancel due to address.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

computech1919
Adventurer

I just sold some i7 CPUs with this forwarding address from the same user. The User left me positive feedback and everything.  Transaction took place in July.  No all of a sudden I have a chargeback for the second transaction for $900.  I send in the information where I shipped UPS with signature required.  They still found in the buyers favor and charged me back.   On top of this the buyer is no longer a registered ebay user.  I am thinking as he scammed a bunch of people. I am in the process of appealing with ebay.  So from here on in I wont ever sell or ship to these forwarding addresses as I can be now out almost 1000 dollars. 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply