cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a global forwarding transaction

So before explaining what happened the name in PayPal is Chinese.

So yesterday I got a message from a user with no rating from China created on September of last year. And he said the following: “I really want to get this product, but I was surprised to find that mailing to mainland China is not supported (I am Chinese, I have no malicious intentions, please forgive me), can I ship to mainland China? Please, I really need this product! If you can help me, I really appreciate you!)” And then he gave me a Chinese address. I refused this and blocked it since I don’t send anything to China. Today they item was sold to another user (Account from the US) with 1 rating created on October of last year and the address was the Oregon one, I suppose they found a way to bypass or send it to China.

I’ve made some small research and some users say it’s fine, others say that it’s too fishy and that there are many scammers that do this. That even eBay has advised them to don’t take such risks. Question is, what do I do? In my personal opinion I don’t want to sell the item (105$) and get scammed like I’ve read others have.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Help with a global forwarding transaction

Foreign buyers have found that by setting up a US account and using a freight forwarder that they are able to bypass ay sellers who do not sell internationally. In my opinion this is the first red flag. They then utilize the freight forwarder to send the package on to their home country. I check the account and address of every buyer I sell an item to. While I sell internationally I have a pretty large exclusion list which China, Russia and the rest of the FSU being at the head of that list. They are infamous for running scams not only on eBay but elsewhere and it is condoned by their government. 

If you don't wish to take the risk simply cancel this order listing a problem with the buyers address as the reason. Then add them to your BBL. 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

I have had buyers from china, and up to this day, I have not had any issues.  I sold 1 watch ($230) and other transactions under $100 range.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

htbluetooth
Adventurer

I have got some orders with shipping address of an international forwarding center in last a couple of weeks and I will do no more this kind of business only because I do not want to get in trouble with my free return policy.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

I've shipped to that freight forwarder several times before-- no problems here. Collectibles like that generally aren't high-risk items; the people who buy them are actual collectors who are looking for a particular thing for their own collection. I wouldn't worry about it.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Same exact thing happened to me with what seems to be the same buyer. On hold right now with eBay payment dispute department. Hopefully they can rectify this situation.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

I had a purchase from a Chinese buyer as well with the same shipping address. I think same person talked to me from several usernames about that item. All usernames but one have 0 feedback. Then one of the users (with zero feedback) purchases a pricey item, now I see his user is "no longer a registered user". Why would anyone purchase something then immediately delete his/her account (If that's what even happened)? Any theories? 

Thanks everyone for sharing & helping 🙂
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply