cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground advantage

Anyone else been dealing with issues ever since ground advantage was introduced? 

I've had over 2.5k packages sent through the usps 95% of which were first class packages and had maybe 1 or 2 issues though all those packages. Yet since the "upgrade" to ground advantage I've been dealing with over 10 issues already on different orders. 

The most intresting one is that I had an order shipped from Sacramento CaliforniaScreenshot_20230805_223650_eBay.jpg

to Portland Oregon. All was going fine and the package made it to Portland then for some reason they sent the package all the way to Detroit Michigan instead of just delivering it... now my package is already late and will be 2 or 3 more days before they get it. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ground advantage

Haven't had an issue yet, but my sample is way too small to say.

Just from a branding standpoint, it's an odd choice by USPS. What sounds better and faster -- First Class or Ground Advantage?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ground advantage

My sample size is small since the start of the USPS "ground advantage" conversion. I average about 20-25 shipments per month. I encountered very few problems with the old 1st class, an occasional blip but for the most part I am a happy camper.

So far since the July 9th change over, of the 20+ ground advantage packages sent I have encountered, almost half have had some sort of problems, ranging from later delivery, 2 miss sent, no tracking update "in transit to destination" 2-3 days and on almost all packages I am seeing 5-6 day delivery where 3-4 was the normand even some 2 day with the old "1st Class".

It may be the time of year with a lot of vacations for USPS employees as every week I get subs on my route.  I am sure that is national.  My sample size is small, but trending in a way that is not positive.

That's just my 2 cents, if it continues into the fall then it will be concerning.

I do agree with the change to "Ground Advantage" sounding like a lesser service.....for more $ we pay.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Ground advantage

Most deliveries to major cities on my orders are quick. Rural orders are slower but acceptable.

But I think the human element is having an effect. Been seeing above average misroutes like the OPs example. Regional centers with automated sorting equipment are fine, but some smaller distribution points may be putting packages in the wrong bins and bags resulting in misroutes. Could training, could be vacations affecting the people, or could be they so not care - since there are definitely some disgruntled employees.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Ground advantage

I have had two packages go "the scenic route " lately and a 3rd was being bounced back and forth between two centers, this happened 5 times before I called and asked why. It happened 5 More times after that. and I have one that Ebay shows delivered to the wrong address. but USPS says that it is in transit. all were Ground Advantage.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Ground advantage

I currently have a package that I'm expecting had arrived at my local Post Office, then it departed and bounced around at two other local PO locations, back to the local Distribution Center, then arrives back at my local one...only to depart again for a 3rd time. Sigh! 

I am also seeing more of my shipped Ground Advantage packages bounce around at a variety of Distribution Centers that are NOT even along the way to the destination and arrive later than the expected delivery date.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply