cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay won't let me print label to Ireland.

I sold a t-shirt to someone in Ireland. The buyer paid and I packed the shirt. When I tried to generate a label, nothing happens but I get a red message from eBay that says: "Something went wrong and we were not able to generate label." Nothing else shows why the label cannot by printed. What could be the problem and how do I solve it?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ebay won't let me print label to Ireland.

@vilkau 

Make sure that you have the "right" Ireland.

There's the Republic of Ireland, and then there's Northern Ireland.

Two different countries on one island.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I am relying that the buyer knows were she is and what her address is. I have no way of knowing this.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I sold items to Ireland. Could be a zip code thing.

Some have a zip code and some do not. I can't understand that but everything seems to make it to its destination when I just use stamps and not do the eBay shipping labels.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@vilkau 

Okay -- let's see if we can figure it out.

Without providing the buyer's name, what is the address provided by your buyer, particularly the last few lines, which would indicate the postal code, plus city, district and/or county? 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

The address provided by buyer is:

Street name

Luc

The address provided by buyer is:

Number and street name

Lucan

Co Dublin

Ireland

K78K449

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@vilkau wrote:

I sold a t-shirt to someone in Ireland. The buyer paid and I packed the shirt. When I tried to generate a label, nothing happens but I get a red message from eBay that says: "Something went wrong and we were not able to generate label." Nothing else shows why the label cannot by printed. What could be the problem and how do I solve it?

Hey @vilkau .

What shipping service are you trying to use?

If it's a direct method like USPS FC Pkg Intl, did you fill out the customs form?

Check your package dimensions and weight - any errors?

Are any lines on the buyer's name/address longer than 40 characters (including spaces)?

What happens if you remove the "Co" before Dublin? It's just an abbreviation for County and not needed.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I am using eBay's International Service, whatever it's called. And everything else you suggest. The only thing that was missing was the area code, which eBay was asking for. She sent me the code and I entered it, and guess what? Nothing happened and eBay would still not let me print a label. I ship things overseas, and nothing like this ever happened before.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

eBay International Standard Delivery aka EISD. If you're being blocked from buying the label then it's almost always an issue with either the address or with the package weight/dimensions.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

It's not the address. The area code was missing and I entered it. Still wouldn't let me proceed. I will check the weight and dimensions, but I doubt that is the problem since this is an item similar to dozens i shipped overseas without a problem. So  I guess I'll go to my local post office and let them handle it.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Check to see if the label successfully generated. Seems to be an issue right now with the error message even though the label was purchased. If you see the label on this page, select Reprint from the Actions drop-down. If not, you can always purchase the label at pirateship.com @vilkau instead of paying retail rates at the PO.

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

No, the label was not purchased. Ebay will not let me go any further after I entered all the information for the label. The page freezes and a red message appears on top telling me that there is a problem, but it doesn't say what the problem is.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@vilkau 

There's something wrong with the postal code -- the longest one that I can find for Lucan is "K78 A155" -- nothing as big as "K78 K449."

Try a Google look up of the address:  enter the buyer's name, then the full street address, then the city, then the county, then "Ireland" or "Eire" for the country, and leave the postal code blank.

See what Google thinks the correct postal code should be.

Good luck.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply