cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Like eBay's New Shipping Label Page? There IS A Way To Switch to the Old One!

eBay has been slowly rolling out a new shipping label page to different sellers this month. I just got it this morning and it is terrible. I tried to print some labels and it just spun...and spun....and sppppppun. Nothing ever happened. Then it told me to download my labels. What a mess!! What ever happened to a button that just says 'Print Label!?'

Anyways, I have seen a bunch of other threads saying that they don't like the new one and that there is no way to switch back...that's not true. eBay provided a link at the top-right corner of the page to switch back. It's really simple. The only problem is that you have to do this for every single label you print, but IMO it is worth it.

Good luck and if anyone want to know about that, just send them a link to this thread.

Thanks!printlabel.JPG

https://bio.link/langs
Message 1 of 114
latest reply
113 REPLIES 113

Re: Don't Like eBay's New Shipping Label Page? There IS A Way To Switch to the Old One!

Why does Ebay always screw with things..More and more disgruntled people on Ebay...Every couple of months they take and take..No one seems to listen
Message 61 of 114
latest reply

Re: Don't Like eBay's New Shipping Label Page? There IS A Way To Switch to the Old One!

FYI... there is a way still to get classic labels...

Paste:

https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/back_to_classic

Before the ? in the URL that comes up when you go to the new label page for your shipping label. It will appear to timeout, and then when it says "reload" you hit that and it will then take you to the Classic page.

I need this because it allows me to take the label payment for USPS out of the payment that Paypal holds. Glad I was able to find a workaround. Hope this helps someone else.

Message 62 of 114
latest reply

Nice work, thank you.  The new system is illogical, destroys productivity, is overall amateur in design, and worst of all, it is buggy.  I have blank pages printing, inability to rotate, and strange address fonts, using the substandard new system.  Who writes this stuff?  It is unacceptable.  I spent 15 minutes trying to print a single label last night because of issues when going to print the new PDF if creates.

Also, the new page is like a completely different website, takes away the top links, menus and notification bell which should be present on all Ebay pages.  There is no link to item details, which I click all of the time when printing labels.  The list just goes on.  Hopefully the workaround remains unaltered, as was the case with Paypal classic view.

The link used to say "go back to classic"  now says "where is classic" and takes you to a page that starts off with "We have improved the shipping flow".

Couldn't be further from the truth.

Message 63 of 114
latest reply

The Link to the Classic Label Printing does not work anymore, at least not for me. Ebay is forcing the Seller to use a Label printing process that does not support ALL of the box sizes that the USPS Priority provides. AND, as I have found out the hard way, IF you do not list the box size correctly, the USPS will charge your paypal account additional shipping fees.

SO, why force us to use this new label printing page if you do not want to?

Message 64 of 114
latest reply

I agree totally. I am paying Ebay Fees for selling my items so I SHOULD get a choice of using which ever printing label process I want!

Message 65 of 114
latest reply

I cant switch back either. The new label printing process sucks! 

And I don't like Ebay forcing us to use their insurance instead of USPS, how convenient of them!

Message 66 of 114
latest reply

What's Pirate Ship?

Message 67 of 114
latest reply

Didn't know what Pirate Ship was until now.

Looks like I will be using a NEW Label Printing Process,

Thank you for the information, this was very helpful!

Message 68 of 114
latest reply

I just used Pirate Ship for the first time. Looks like I will be using it from now on. It didn't cost anymore than ebay shipping label process. It was easy to use, plus, I DON'T HAVE TO PAY A 10% EBAY SURCHARGE!! THAT'S GREAT!!

Message 69 of 114
latest reply

>>plus, I DON'T HAVE TO PAY A 10% EBAY SURCHARGE!! THAT'S GREAT!!

Yes you do. It isn't a shipping surcharge, it's a Final Value Fee on any shipping payment from the buyer. You will be paying that no matter where you ship.
Message 70 of 114
latest reply

And my small town does not even have those shipping methods available!
Message 71 of 114
latest reply

God Bless You !
Message 72 of 114
latest reply

The classic page just disappeared for me, now I am forced to use the new label page and of course it doesn't work. I have been using the eBay label page for years but now I have to go to the post office to ship out. 

Message 73 of 114
latest reply

It's like how they changed the feedback system, I never leave buyers feedback anymore because it's so stupid. Unfortunately I have to print out labels and try to use this junk.
Message 74 of 114
latest reply

Ebay doesn’t pay attention to what we think. If they did, they wouldn’t keep making these changes.
Message 75 of 114
latest reply