cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Like eBay's New Shipping Label Page? There IS A Way To Switch to the Old One!

eBay has been slowly rolling out a new shipping label page to different sellers this month. I just got it this morning and it is terrible. I tried to print some labels and it just spun...and spun....and sppppppun. Nothing ever happened. Then it told me to download my labels. What a mess!! What ever happened to a button that just says 'Print Label!?'

Anyways, I have seen a bunch of other threads saying that they don't like the new one and that there is no way to switch back...that's not true. eBay provided a link at the top-right corner of the page to switch back. It's really simple. The only problem is that you have to do this for every single label you print, but IMO it is worth it.

Good luck and if anyone want to know about that, just send them a link to this thread.

Thanks!printlabel.JPG

https://bio.link/langs
Message 1 of 114
latest reply
113 REPLIES 113

Re: Don't Like eBay's New Shipping Label Page? There IS A Way To Switch to the Old One!

And don't forget to use the "Tell us what you think" link!!

Message 2 of 114
latest reply

Re: Don't Like eBay's New Shipping Label Page? There IS A Way To Switch to the Old One!

Can somebody post the URL* to the new shipping page next time you are there to print a label?

I have not had the opportunity to see it in all of it failulous glory yet, and am hoping I can take the basic URL structure and patch it up with transaction ids, item numbers, etc from one of my own transactions

*of course you should redact/substitute your transaction and other numbers in the URL for privacy reasons (but leave enough info that I can figure out what I need to re-insert to make it valid for me)
Message 3 of 114
latest reply

I've used the link many times.  Now it just sends me straight to the old label page.

Message 4 of 114
latest reply

The classics are always better.....Both in TV shows and in shipping label pages.

Message 5 of 114
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:
Can somebody post the URL* to the new shipping page next time you are there to print a label?

I have not had the opportunity to see it in all of it failulous glory yet, and am hoping I can take the basic URL structure and patch it up with transaction ids, item numbers, etc from one of my own transactions

*of course you should redact/substitute your transaction and other numbers in the URL for privacy reasons (but leave enough info that I can figure out what I need to re-insert to make it valid for me)

Here is is:

https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/new_label?transId=LABELNUMBER&itemId=ITEMNUMBER

Message 6 of 114
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

And don't forget to use the "Tell us what you think" link!!

It seems like every time we try that, nothing ever changes. Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 114
latest reply

I can guarantee you that the Classic page will disappear soon they always do. The new one is ridiculous. 

Message 8 of 114
latest reply

https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/new_label?transId=LABELNUMBER&itemId=ITEMNUMBER

Not sure what to insert for LABELNUMBER.

The transid from order details doesn't work, nor the scrshipmentid or bulkGrpId from the classic label URL. Throws a "something went wrong" error.

It's possible that it's failing because I don't use seller hub and/or I haven't been opted into the new label flow.
Message 9 of 114
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:

Not sure what to insert for LABELNUMBER.

The transid from order details doesn't work, nor the scrshipmentid or bulkGrpId from the classic label URL. Throws a "something went wrong" error.

It's possible that it's failing because I don't use seller hub and/or I haven't been opted into the new label flow.

I had a look, and the label numbers (In the URLs) are different when you switch tools. One starts with a 2 and the other with a 6.

I am not sure what the numbers are for or why eBay has to have two diffferent ones. Why not just the item number?

Message 10 of 114
latest reply

Well, it was worth a shot.

Was hoping to get a look, and also hoping to see if it would be possible to create a Redirector rule to automate redirecting from the new label to the classic once I got opted in. Without access to the required/needed parameters from the new label URL to factor into a classic label flow URL, that isn't going to happen.

A GreaseMonkey script should be able to do it by grabbing the "go back to classic printing" link from the page, and redirecting from there (barring browser security issues which are version dependent), but is more work, and much less available to the masses as a workaround (the Redirector addon is easy - GreaseMonkey addon a bit more).

• Why not just the item number?

The other numbers might be used for database lookups or user action logging, etc or might not be used at all, but the programmers tossed it in for future use, tossed it in based on a coin toss, or for whatever reason. It's easy to say "Hey, I could use number NNNN in the URL to tag the timestamp on this server transaction" without thinking about the bigger picture or the future of that choice. and I don't think eBay does much serious, super detailed group review of their code.

Super simplifying things or considering the impact of their actions on my workarounds isn't part of their thought process grin
Message 11 of 114
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:

Here is a screen shot of a label that I ALMOST PRINTED earlier today, through the NEW AND IMPROVED eBay labels page.

Print your shipping label(2).png

It also appears that eBay is experimenting with attempting to not offer USPS Insurance on the NEW AND IMPROVED eBay labels page. The only option that was made available to me was eBay's in house insurance service ShipCover Insurance. There was no toggle switch allowing me to switch to USPS Insurance like you would normally find on the "Classic" eBay Labels Page.

Print your shipping label.png

So of course I assumed that it was just a glitch, it is eBay.  So I click on the "Tells us what you think" link and figured that I would do my part and provide eBay with some feedback and to also let them know that there is a problem with the NEW AND IMPROVED eBay labels page.

Nope the exclusion of USPS Insurance Service on the NEW AND IMPROVED eBay labels page is intentional. It appears to me like eBay might be attempting to cut the USPS out of the Insurance business through their eBay Labels Service.

Tells us what you think

If you have previously used the older service on eBay to purchase a shipping label, which one did you find easier to use?*

a - This new one

b - The old one

c - I never used the old one

What feature would best help you to use the service more?

- Ability to find drop-off location (from a list or map)
- The ability to send a message to the buyer in their shipping email
- International shipping
- Shipping APO, FPO, DPO locations
- View item SKU's on the labels page
- Email labels to an address that I provide
- FedEx labels
- View buyers notes on the labels page
- A different label size, format or print orientation
- Highlight the best value service which will meet my buyers expected delivery date
- Calculate shipping from a different ZIP code
- Fewer errors and retries when printing and paying for labels
- Another service or carrier which is not supported
- Add USPS insurance to shipping label
- Pay with credit or debit card
- Other

Tell us what you think.png

Tell us what you think(1).png

Message 12 of 114
latest reply

For those of us who rarely purchase insurance, there are other omissions that are more inconvenient, such as lack of the options to change the "Shipping from" ZIP Code or the printed shipping date.  Other sellers miss the option to enter a message for buyers.

Message 13 of 114
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

For those of us who rarely purchase insurance, there are other omissions that are more inconvenient, such as lack of the options to change the "Shipping from" ZIP Code or the printed shipping date.  Other sellers miss the option to enter a message for buyers.

There is that as well. The option to change the "Shipping from" ZIP Code is on the "Tell us what you think" link list as well, but the printed shipping date is not. I guess that changing the date did not even make the cut for consideration.

For me having access to USPS Insurance Service is a must for items that I have sold for an amount greater than $300.00. I self insure any items that I have sold with values less than $300.00.

But, I have never used and will never use ShipCover Insurance services. It is a decision that I made a long time ago and one that works for my business model. Your mileage may vary. But for me as well as my business; should eBay deem that this experiment is a success and chooses to no longer offer USPS Insurance Services through their postage labels services, then I will choose to purchase my postage labels elsewhere.

What feature would best help you to use the service more?

- Ability to find drop-off location (from a list or map)
- The ability to send a message to the buyer in their shipping email
- International shipping
- Shipping APO, FPO, DPO locations
- View item SKU's on the labels page
- Email labels to an address that I provide
- FedEx labels
- View buyers notes on the labels page
- A different label size, format or print orientation
- Highlight the best value service which will meet my buyers expected delivery date
- Calculate shipping from a different ZIP code
- Fewer errors and retries when printing and paying for labels
- Another service or carrier which is not supported
- Add USPS insurance to shipping label
- Pay with credit or debit card
- Other

Message 14 of 114
latest reply

That is terrible. I use the free USPS insurance for every PM package I mail out. Why pay for Shipcover when USPS insurance is free for PM? I was assuming that they add it automatically for you since it says on the service list, "Up to $100 included." Is that not the case?

Message 15 of 114
latest reply