cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else find a recent order or Ebay logo packing supplies to be inferior?

I recently ordered bubble mailers and tape with the Ebay logo.  I've been ordering these things for years with my quarterly coupon, but they are both different now, and not in a good way.  The mailers are thin and transparent, and the tape does not stick!  After I finish packing a box, it's already starting to fall off.  Has anyone else experienced this.?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Does anyone else find a recent order or Ebay logo packing supplies to be inferior?

No, I haven't had any problems, at least not with the envelopes. I order the poly mailers normally, they're really nice and thick and the tape is extremely sticky and holds really well.  I did order some smaller bubble mailers a few months ago that are good.

Can't say for the tape, I ordered a bunch last year and I'm still using it. It's been good tape so far.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Does anyone else find a recent order or Ebay logo packing supplies to be inferior?

I have been using the eBay branded bubble mailers for years.  The only issue I've encountered is that sometimes the side sealing is off and not even.  On one order a majority of the mailers were not sealed and fully open along one side.  I contacted the distributor and received a free replacement.  I always tape the top flap as a safety precaution.

The white bubble mailers are thinner and you can vaguely see what's inside.  I've never used the tape.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I order the white bubble mailers in a couple of the smaller sizes occasionally.  My most-recent batch are indeed way thinner & more transparent. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The new mailers are sufficiently transparent one can fairly read a book through them.  But I find they are about the same thickness.   Another issue is the adhesive which is not permanent as one can peel open the mailer after closed.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply