cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Ebay pay for return shipping when I clearly state No returns on a Brand New Item...

The reason I'm asking this is because as an honest seller, People have been scamming the system on purchases.. Saying Item not as described. When its a board game wrapped in plastic. How can the seller be liable? Then that means the customer opened it took the pieces and manuals out that they needed and why doesn't ebay look at the pictures in the listing. Don't just look at my reviews look at the listing.. I've heard about Ebay not caring about the seller but sheesh to let us be stolen from and taken advantage of is not cool. Being a shareholder in the company this make me want to sale my shares..lol..smh seriously though..... Now I have a customer saying oh the jeans smell like snuggle. I tore the tags off and washed them. I don't want them anymore.. Now the clothing is stored with dryer sheets for freshness. But to say it doesn't wash out. lmao I can not take people seriously or Ebay for allowing it.. She wore the jeans probably somewhere breaking the stay at home order in my jeans. Shame on Ebay for allowing this..  And the sad part people know they can leave a false review and get they money back.. sick

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Does Ebay pay for return shipping when I clearly state No returns on a Brand New Item...

ise710
Thrill-Seeker

Since you're a top-rated seller with 30-day returns, eBay will pay up to $6 for return shipping, and if the return does not return in exactly the same condition, you can deduct up to 50% from the return, especially if you sell face masks.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: Does Ebay pay for return shipping when I clearly state No returns on a Brand New Item...

I have been scammed twice like this. My store is essentially just a free rental service at this point. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

If buyer says it is not as described ebay takes their word in order to retain them.

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Ebay tried to make me pay for a return when I believed the buyer broke the item and tried to blame it on shipping.  Fedex examined the box and said it was not damaged in shipping.  Never the less ebay took the buyer's side and I had to "fight" buyer and ebay for a lengthy time to keep from getting ripped of for $346. Looking at this buyer's feed back he is unfair and quick to give a lot of negative feed back. He gave me negative feed back before I had time to even respond to his request. There should be better ways to protect sellers from bad buyers.  I'm now selling more of my stuff on Facebook and Craigslist.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

As to the Jeans, some people, including me, are sensitive to scents. Your buyer may have not worn the jeans. They may not like the smell of your laundry products. The amount of scent in laundry products is ridiculous. They are oil based and embed in the fabric so they do not just wash out with a single wash. I have had to hang things in the sun for a week to break down those scent booster products. Those dryer sheets are just as bad and for some people they cause dermatitis and other skin issues. Your idea of a fresh scent may not be the same as you buyer and e-bay will back the buyer every time.

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@ise710 wrote:

Since you're a top-rated seller with 30-day returns, eBay will pay up to $6 for return shipping, and if the return does not return in exactly the same condition, you can deduct up to 50% from the return, especially if you sell face masks.

You need to clarify this post ... " you can deduct up to 50% from the return" ... this is ONLY true if the item was Listed as Free Returns AND even Above Standard Sellers can use the Free Returns setting and it has nothing to do with a Seller's status like TRS.  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

You don't need to offer free returns to deduct up to 50%. 30 day buyer pays returns also works.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Important to note for anyone seeing ise710's response, ebay 'covering' the return shipping is conditional.

"If a buyer falsely claims an item was “not as described,” we’ll protect you on eligible transactions. We’ll reimburse your return shipping label cost up to $6 per return. "
^ from the TRS program page
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@ise710 wrote:

You need to clarify this post ... " you can deduct up to 50% from the return" ... this is ONLY true if the item was Listed as Free Returns AND even Above Standard Sellers can use the Free Returns setting and it has nothing to do with a Seller's status like TRS.  

Top Rated Sellers who offer 30-day-or-longer returns can deduct up to 50% from the refund for the lost value of the item that has been returned after it has been used or damaged.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-fall/seller-protections.html#additional-pro...

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

the clothing is stored with dryer sheets for freshness
--
You'd have me filing an snad and shipping those perfume laden clothes back
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

- I don't see TRS status, so the 50% deduction isn't an available option for your refunds.

- I do  see 'No Returns' which means nothing regarding eBay's refund policy.

- I do  see masks for sale, but it won't matter in regards to your refund on a board game or jeans.

You have a couple of options... you can 1) pay for return labels, get the items back and refund the buyers the entire amount they paid you, or 2) refund the buyers the entire amount they paid you without a return.

Yes, eBay will force the refund if the buyers open INAD cases and you don't respond on your own. You'll also gain some harm to your seller metrics if eBay is bothered with this at all.

Think long, think wrong. Good luck!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

if u r interested, here is the link for buyer abuse>

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/rules-policies-buyers/abusive-buyer-policy?id=4374&st=12&pos=7&qu...

No matter if you are TRS or not, if u offer Free Returns, you can deduct up to 50% of the selling price if the item is damaged, a different item, etc. and as @mtgraves7984  mentioned, a no returns policy just lets the scammers open INAD cases, which you have to accept.

If you don't agree to the return, ebay will let them keep the item(s) plus refund them and back charge you for it.

I had a few buyers who tried scamming me on the return, but I called eBay before I received the return back (unfortunately can't call now) and gave them a heads up. 

Ebay ended up finding in my favor on both returns.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

At our expense...smh.. insane

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Yes those sales be the best. No shipping and no returns. Because people won't lie to your face!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply