cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 2. "Ground Advantage" still unavailable.

As I expected, ebay has not prepared for the transition. There is still no "USPS Ground Advantage" option available. ebay “recommends” to switch to "USPS Parcel select/Ground advantage" a service which does not exist. So difficult to change the text?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Day 2. "Ground Advantage" still unavailable.

Good morning everyone,

The Shipping team is in the process of updating Ground Advantage service name and rates in listing flows, we expect updates to be completed over the next day. In the mean time you may experience the following in listing flows:

"Service name
Shipping service reflected as Parcel Select Ground/Ground Advantage. If you select Parcel Select Ground/Ground Advantage shipping service, the service name will automatically be updated to Ground Advantage once the Shipping updates are completed over the next day. No further action will be required by you.

Rates
Ground Advantage retail rates are currently being updated from Parcel Select rates in listing flows and will be updated to Ground Advantage retail rates over the next day. Calculated shipping quotes in active listings have been updated to Ground Advantage rates."

Elizabeth,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

So I didn't list yesterday, but I did ship.  I had the option to ship ground advantage or first class.  Got the message that Ground Advantage would be in place today.  I just now cancelled and relisted an item and the option for USPS Ground Advantage was there. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I just did shipping on my account, as well as my wife's account. USPS Ground Advantage is there!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@martin2001 wrote: ... . There is still no "USPS Ground Advantage" option available. ebay “recommends” to switch to "USPS Parcel select/Ground advantage" a service which does not exist. ...

eBay invented the term "USPS Parcel select/Ground advantage".  You're right; it doesn't exist, and it never did.  But until Saturday it meant "Parcel Select Ground" and now it means "Ground Advantage. "  I cannot imagine why eBay thought this was a good idea.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Day 1 - 7/9 - Ground Advantage was fully in place for me. Switched every listing over hassle free. Even dropped a lot of Priority Mail offerings & dropped prices as a result. Do not know where or what you are trying to do & the issue u are encountering. Need More factual information as to that barrier you are encountering & less emotional **bleep**. Thanks!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Good morning everyone,

The Shipping team is in the process of updating Ground Advantage service name and rates in listing flows, we expect updates to be completed over the next day. In the mean time you may experience the following in listing flows:

"Service name
Shipping service reflected as Parcel Select Ground/Ground Advantage. If you select Parcel Select Ground/Ground Advantage shipping service, the service name will automatically be updated to Ground Advantage once the Shipping updates are completed over the next day. No further action will be required by you.

Rates
Ground Advantage retail rates are currently being updated from Parcel Select rates in listing flows and will be updated to Ground Advantage retail rates over the next day. Calculated shipping quotes in active listings have been updated to Ground Advantage rates."

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

"Need More factual information as to that barrier you are encountering & less emotional **bleep**."

Well, for one thing, the OP has over 9900 active listings -- and you have 67.

Plus, the OP (like many of us with thousands of individual listings) is probably unable to do a blanket bulk editing, since many of the OP's listings include different shipping qualifiers.

And was there really a need for adding the phrase "less emotional **bleep**"?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@martin2001 wrote:

As I expected, ebay has not prepared for the transition. There is still no "USPS Ground Advantage" option available. ebay “recommends” to switch to "USPS Parcel select/Ground advantage" a service which does not exist. So difficult to change the text?

It's available-- I switched all of my First Class listings over to Ground Advantage this afternoon with no issues.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

It's there and has been since yesterday (7/9 Sunday) morning. Might say 'parcel whatever, but doesn't matter because the label comes out with a big 'G' on it. Price is the same as 1st Class (and for those Priority things that a seller wishes to change to GA).

I switched all 1st Class to GA yesterday, bulk edited about 200 items without issue.

I then bulk edited ALL listings that either stated 'will ship USPS First Class' 'will ship USPS 1st Class' and 'Will ship USPS Priority' so that ALL listings, in the description, state:

"will ship USPS". 

All done in less than 1 hr. 

Now I don't ever have to care what they (usps) EVER change the various name(s) to. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I was charged $7.86 to send a small 2lb box to Arizona and $9.98 to send the exact same thing to Florida. I thought it was an eBay error, but I checked the zip codes with the price calculator on the USPS website and it's no error. So that's the extortion the USPS is inflicting on us with this grouped "service" now. Prepare to pay significantly more to send things to other times zones within the continental US. It's absolutely unbelievable how they rip us off.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@indignation wrote:

I was charged $7.86 to send a small 2lb box to Arizona and $9.98 to send the exact same thing to Florida. I thought it was an eBay error, but I checked the zip codes with the price calculator on the USPS website and it's no error. So that's the extortion the USPS is inflicting on us with this grouped "service" now. Prepare to pay significantly more to send things to other times zones within the continental US. It's absolutely unbelievable how they rip us off.

You are in Oregon. Of course it's MUCH cheaper to ship to AZ than it is to ship to FL.

Been that way for 1st Class for a few years now. Been that way for Priority for a decade+. 

Something traveling 800 miles vs. 3000 miles only makes sense that it would 'cost' more. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

How much did you expect to pay? The prices for Ground Advantage are almost the same as the old prices to ship via Parcel Select Ground; some are a little higher, some are a little bit lower.  

To ship 2 pounds via Parcel Select Ground would have cost $7.13 - $10.85 depending on Zone; the rates for Ground Advantage are $6.83 - $9.88.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@indignation 

and how much would that 2lb parcel have cost to send Priority?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 13 of 13
latest reply