cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims they see item listed as "free shipping" when in fact it's listed as "free local pickup"

I listed an item with free local pickup.  Someone purchased it today, and I received an email from eBay saying "It's time to arrange for pickup with your buyer".  I contacted the buyer and asked them how they'd like to pick up the item.  They stated that the purchase shows that it's "free shipping" and they have no way of getting to me for the pickup, as they're many states away from me.  I told them that they can cancel the sale and instructed them how to do this. 

I was trying to figure how this could happen, how they could see something that I couldn't.  I don't believe they can and I think this is an honest error on their part (or maybe they want free shipping and this is their attempt).  I sent them a screen shot of my page showing "free local pickup" and asked them to send me what they're seeing which says "free shipping".  They insist that "on the front page where you open the page it says free shipping".  They say they don't know how to send me a photo of this, so I'm letting this be. 

I highly doubt that any screens of my listing that they see are different from any screens of my listings that I see.  This item has been listed for probably a year now, and initially I did have it set to ship, but not with free shipping, I don't do free shipping.  I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I really think that this buyer made a mistake and is not willing nor able to see it.  I guess I'm just building a case for a possible defect.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Buyer claims they see item listed as "free shipping" when in fact it's listed as &

your listing clearly showed free local pick up. Why not just cancel the transaction with problem with buyers address...no defect.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Buyer claims they see item listed as "free shipping" when in fact it's listed as &

Oh, I had them cancel the order.  I really don't know if this will cause an issue with my seller metrics or not though.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Cancel the order? You mean a request to cancel?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yes, I asked them to request a cancellation, they did, I ok'd it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You wont get a defect for that, you used canceled at buyers request?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The buyer initiated the cancellation, ebay asked me to ok it, I did.  I did not initiate the cancellation on my side, I just asked them to do so.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply