cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing severe delays with USPS Ground Advantage?

When I first started using USPS Ground advantage a little about two months ago, packages were arriving a day or two later than the typical Priority mail. Great! NOW it seems that most every package I have sent via Ground Advantage has poor tracking status updates (sometimes not updated until package is actually delivered) or eventually has the notation "arriving late"!

It seems these Ground Advantage packages are sorted through more USPS facilities which is concerning as they seem like they would be more susceptible to loss or damage .

I had hoped this service would save my customers on shipping but now not sure it is worth it seeing as how every package is being delivered up to 5 days later than expected.

My geographical area might not be a "fast track" area for this service but I rarely had a problem if I use priority.

I foresee a lot of unhappy customers that did not have their expectations met.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Anyone else experiencing severe delays with USPS Ground Advantage?

Haven't had that experience (in small town PA).........  I see see many updates....tho some say "in transit" as opposed to "arrived at"....  no customer complaints except one going to Alaska that did a long trek from Seattle.  a few, around Thanksgiving, arrived a day late........Sat instead of Fri. 

If "every" package is being delivered 5 days late....I'd talk to the Postmaster.....

But it doesn't sound like you have customer complaints? 

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

@postfiftymodern 

Every year, when the USA enters the holiday period between Thanksgiving and New Year's, there have always been shipping delays through USPS, as well as through the other shipping services.

This holiday season is no different -- except that there are fewer USPS employees than in previous years, what with many older USPS employees entering retirement, and fewer new hires than in previous years.

That being said, it would definitely be a good idea for eBay to provide potential buyers with shipping disclaimers to extend the expected delivery dates to account for these regular holiday delays.

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

As we swing into the holiday season, aren't we going to see more and more delivery delays?

Have not made any online purchases recently, but if I do, am going to make sure I figure on delayed delivery.  

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Why are you comparing Ground Advantage with Priority? One is a surface service and the other is an Air service.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

It’s the time of year!

BTW … It’s not only ground that’s running late. We’ve had several priority packages arriving “later than expected”

Tis’ the season ❄️🎄

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Other than a few predictable black holes, I am not seeing delivery problems with GA.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

I have been waiting for 2 priority mail packages to arrive that have been moving around my town for the last 4 days.  I wouldn't call it slow I would call it ridiculous.  

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

USPS tracking #s 9200190341007088600088 Due Nov 21st

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

No change that I can tell but it's the holiday season so I expect shipping performance to drop off a bit. I also sell too few items to get a real statistical sample. Best wishes on your selling and happy holidays!

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

I am seeing most of my packages running late...and this early in the holiday season too.  Not a good sign.  Even priority is taking longer than estimated.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

@lawnmowerpartsstore2 wrote:

USPS tracking #s 9200190341007088600088 Due Nov 21st

No scans since November 17.  I'd file a "lost package" insurance claim on that one.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@postfiftymodern wrote:

When I first started using USPS Ground advantage a little about two months ago, packages were arriving a day or two later than the typical Priority mail. Great!

Isn't Ground Advantage SUPPOSED to be slower then Priority Mail?

Isn't Ground Advantage equivalent to First Class Mail?

I would expect Ground Advantage  to take a few days longer than Priority Mail.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 13 of 33
latest reply

I just used it and I too had issues.   I had to call the USPS.com site.  They were very helpful and got it tracked and delivered.  But, yes, it seems to be a bit worse. 

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

So if i ship a package from Jacksonville FL to Tampa FL, it still ships via Air if I send priority?

Message 15 of 33
latest reply