cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinned posts removed, WHY?

The Fashion Forum has had the two Pinned posts removed from the top of the forum. Can I ask why? That information was there to help sellers clean spots and stains on clothing items before listing, and to explain to new posters what information we need and how to post it. 

Why do we keep losing useful information, and can we please get those Pinned posts back? 

"On the Internet, no one knows if youre a dog.
EVERYONE knows if youre an idiot."
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@rebell45 wrote:

brian@ebayThanks for responding Brian. I wasn't using the drop down, I have it set in my Settings, but it doesn't work any more. Was working fine until that last change.

postdate.jpg

@rebell45 I'll bring this up with Khoros tomorrow. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@fashionclubgurl wrote:

The Fashion Forum has had the two Pinned posts removed from the top of the forum. Can I ask why? That information was there to help sellers clean spots and stains on clothing items before listing, and to explain to new posters what information we need and how to post it. 

Why do we keep losing useful information, and can we please get those Pinned posts back? 

@fashionclubgurl there's a known issue with pinned posts not appearing as pinned. We're hoping to have this fixed next week sometime, though it's possible it could a bit longer if there are unforeseen complications. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

They weren't removed, they're still there, but because someone at eBay blindly went in and made a change to how posts are listed on these boards, they have disappeared off the top of the first page.  See this post: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/any-progress-on-moving-quot-most-recently-...

Seems people were requesting that questions with the most recent response gets move to the top, everything else gets moved down.  So, not only did the pinned topics get moved off the first page, posts from days or months ago are getting moved back to the top because someone decided to put their 2 cents worth in today. Really stupid but typical of how eBay seems to work.

sheila@ebay.com

brian@ebay 

Thank you, both of you. As always, fingers crossed.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@rebell45 wrote:

They weren't removed, they're still there, but because someone at eBay blindly went in and made a change to how posts are listed on these boards, they have disappeared off the top of the first page.  See this post: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/any-progress-on-moving-quot-most-recently-...

Seems people were requesting that questions with the most recent response gets move to the top, everything else gets moved down.  So, not only did the pinned topics get moved off the first page, posts from days or months ago are getting moved back to the top because someone decided to put their 2 cents worth in today. Really stupid but typical of how eBay seems to work.

sheila@ebay.com

brian@ebay 

@rebell45 threads with recent posts moving to the top of the list is actually how our community has worked for many years. It stopped working this way when the new look launched about a month ago. Since this is how our community functioned for many years, one of the most requested features was to bring back threads with recent posts moving to the top of the list. 

When Khoros implemented this change late last week it did have the unintended result of not displaying pinned threads. We're still hopeful that the pinned post issue will be fixed this week though 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I've been visiting the Community since 2003, and I always saw new posts at the top, just under any pinned posts, because that's how I have my option set. The change the other day broke that option.  Now new posts are getting pushed down the lists very quickly.

brian@ebay 

@rebell45 wrote:

I've been visiting the Community since 2003, and I always saw new posts at the top, just under any pinned posts, because that's how I have my option set. The change the other day broke that option.  Now new posts are getting pushed down the lists very quickly.

brian@ebay 

@rebell45 that's a good call out. We can bring up the sort options with Khoros to see if that can be added to the sorting drop down menu again. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

brian@ebayThanks for responding Brian. I wasn't using the drop down, I have it set in my Settings, but it doesn't work any more. Was working fine until that last change.

postdate.jpg

@rebell45 wrote:

postdate.jpg

@rebell45 I'll bring this up with Khoros tomorrow. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

THEYRE BACK !!!!!

Thank you!  😀 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply