cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fading to obscurity ...

... I've been wondering if The Community is fading to obscurity?  Weekly Chat involvement seems to be down as does the number of folks logged in here during the day ... less then 7K ... out of what, 25 MILLION Selling IDs and over 165 MILLION Buying accounts?   Lots of zeros in that percentage ... just wondering where they all get their support or questions answered???  Social Media?

I've always been miffed when a change comes along and it is presented as something Sellers wanted yet there is no board here with the surveys for Sellers to complete so they get our opinion ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Fading to obscurity ...

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@readabouthorses wrote:

Wasn't the Beta of Managed Payments actually conducted with Ebay employees who sell?

I think there was a point late last spring or early summer when a Beta was supposed to be run and employees ended up being the choice due to lack of volunteers.  I also think that there was some debate as to whether that got off the ground.   Then they started the program with the group, 5% or whatever, that has been involved in the process until now.  There was a comment made on one of the weekly chats that the program was 'live and not a Beta' about that time, too.  That is sort of how my memory summarizes it, but I'm old and the memory, they say, is one of the first things to go.  Smiley Frustrated  Smiley Very Happy

Now whether a Beta or not, or if there was one or not, I suppose that could be a matter subject to interpretation.  As it stands, it appears Managed Payments is up and running - albeit a mere outline of it's to be self - and just waiting for the time frame to be appropriate for the inclusion of more - or all - ebay users.

Yes, the big push was it was called Phase 1 ... but so much was missed, like the ability to make small partial refunds prior to shipment, ooops!  So the solution was the Sellers had to request that the Buyer start a claim so the Seller could refund ... yep, that was the solution.  Those Buyers were NOT asked to be part of the test and they should be blind to the short comings ... eBay should have already had a solution in place or simply created one during the testing.  To me a "Phase 1" implementation is the completed Managed Payment package being tested on a small group to simply make sure it all works  .... NOT forgetting things and certainly NOT taking 2-3 days to transfer the Sellers' rightful payment in to their accounts.  The back end account should have already been worked out too so when asked if they would be able to provide a specific type of database file the answer should have been YES ... NOT send that request to a special email address.

Their lack of transparency is the most concerning thing ...

Regards,
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@gew6463 

@gracieallen01 

@treasure.hunter.d 

@readabouthorses 

@relaxintowealth 

@pappysmancave 

Your post and the replying posts resonated with a common theme.  I wanted to point you all to posts at "Technical Issues" that might enlighten you a bit.  I just started posting on Community Boards a few weeks ago and I'm beginning to get traction with eBay to look as some specific issues. 

To possibly answer one question, "why there aren't many members posting here?"  Currently many eBay members can't even access eBay via the Homepage (see details in my posts at TI).  There are other reasons also (including many simultaneous Technical Issues from updates rolled out in early February) , but the main problem is eBay seems to lack understanding about it's Customer base.  I'm a former Customer Quality Manager for a large International High Tech Company, so I know a bit about Customers (how to respond to them, how to resolve Technical Issues, and how to keep them as Customers).  I'm hoping things get better soon, but eBay Leadership needs to listen.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@treasure.hunter.d wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

just wondering where they all get their support or questions answered???  Social Media?

Based on the level of willful seller ignorance that I see repeatedly, day in and day out, when I can even stomach going on Facebook, it appears that many prefer to get their answers from people as clueless as they are or prefer to demand that others do their research for them, or they just sit back with their hand out to people who actually know their stuff expecting a hand-out. It's really a trip reading through the "bad buyer" reports on FB. Truth told I see just as many, if not more, incidences that are clearly bad sellers representing that a buyer was at fault in the descibed instance.

Personally, i don't think it matters whether it is seller or buyer - I think it is more just a reflection of today's society, highly influenced by the social media and the belief of entitlement, the lack of knowledge, or incentive to gain knowledge, by the general public.  It is all there for the 'taking' - just google it.

Could not agree with you more!!!

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@greg5000   Thanks for the post ... when you say you are "gaining traction" with eBay can you explain a little more what that means.  I have offered a number of good suggestions which are typically "passed on the proper department or team" ... nothing ever comes of them, they just spin their wheels in some circular file down the hall is the way I interpret it.  Customer service is one thing but when Sellers here with many, many years of experience make suggestions that fall on deaf ears its obvious our opinion means little ... that does not mean to give up but it winds up being the reality.  What they really don't get one iota is the multi-billion dollar online sales industry AND all the competitive sites that will continue to be created slowly taking away small bits of their business ... they should doing everything in their power NOW to keep the good sellers they have AND win back those they have lost.  The attitude is crystal clear, we are here to serve them , not the other way around.

Regards,
Message 19 of 25
latest reply

The traction I was referring to ....

I was able to get Alan, the Community Boards Manager, to get the Technical Team to address this and I've provided information to assist them (screen shots, detailed info, and source code).  See all of the details in the posts at this thread;             

UNABLE TO PULL UP EBAY.COM FOR DAYS - SERIOUS ISSUE!!!

A few of Alan's comments/replies to me and the Community;

Hi @greg5000 ,

Happy to take a look into this for you, I will report that I am not experiencing any issues with the homepage. Please take a screenshot of the issue you're seeing and upload it as a reply to this comment. Any additional information like error messages, machine and browser you're using will be super helpful too. 

Thanks.

Hi everyone, thanks for the additional information. We're filing a report with our technical team to have them look into this. If you're still experiencing issues with a specific version of Internet Explorer, you might want to make sure you're on the latest version of IE, or you can use a different browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. 

Thank you. 

Thank you, @greg5000! Very helpful.   (In response to detailed info and source code I provided)

@mr_lincoln 

I agree with everything you said!  I had an opportunity to meet the entire Leadership team in San Jose last year (where I used to live).  I have a suspicion some of them may see some of my posts, but if not ..... they will soon.  For now I'm working through channels here and will escalate where needed.  I'm really tired of seeing how poorly Customers are treated and there needs to be a major shift by eBay to address this. 

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

@greg5000   You certainly have my support ...

Regards,
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Managed Payments. Dare I ask. Is this like that Amagone  on line retailer who holds back payments 60 days after a sale while immediately taking their fees out ?

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@abeandsable wrote:

Managed Payments. Dare I ask. Is this like that Amagone  on line retailer who holds back payments 60 days after a sale while immediately taking their fees out ?

At present a Buyer will purchase an item and eBay gets the money immediately ... 2-3 days later eBay "may" deposit it in your bank account ... so in theory, Sellers can ship items with 1-2 Handling time and the payment could fall through, items has shipped, Buyer gets it for Free and eBay says we're really sorry that happened ...

Regards,
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

That's because everyone is sick of ebay not listening to sellers except those in China,,,,,,,,,

customer service is a joke a best with all of it based overseas,,,,,   their market share is way down because people are going to other sites that actually listen to sellers,,,, why comment when no-one from ebay wants to listen,

look at the new buy it now Good till canceled only,,,,,,,,how many complaints??????  it may get them into another loosing class action as they did it mid month and mid annual,,,,, so in contract law big no-no ebay can claim the right to change at any time,,,,,the law says they can,,,, and that they may have to pay back people who were changed with out consent too,,,,,,

if ebay only wants to sell Chinese fakes that fine,,,,just announce that,  instead they are pushing so many people to leave buyers and sellers,,,, i here from people in community i live say, buyers say,,, i tried ebay and it never came as it was from china,,,or it arrived doa and was china,,,,    sellers say the new policy changes are horrible and they are done,,,,,,been hearing for last 3 years a lot from small to medium sellers, other sites are cheaper and give far less headaches,,,,, i sell a bunch on ebay,,,,,but ebay used to be the only site i sell thru,,,,no i sell thru 4 other sites,,,,,,and have tripped my sales     if ebay keeps it up,,,, i'm out too, as i am established with others .......so in short less people selling on ebay small to medium less forum,,,,,,,period

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@abeandsable wrote:

At present a Buyer will purchase an item and eBay gets the money immediately ... 2-3 days later eBay "may" deposit it in your bank account ... so in theory, Sellers can ship items with 1-2 Handling time and the payment could fall through, items has shipped, Buyer gets it for Free and eBay says we're really sorry that happened ...

Any posts that you have seen that say this happened to them? Have you read any? 

Message 25 of 25
latest reply