cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Posters

I have a question. 

What is up in eBay Community with a lot of commenters and poster that don't seem to use the eBay platform?

I have seen several people here with a "high" ranking in the community but have like 4 feedback.  Or 2 items sold.  But have 100's of post if not more.  Seems odd.  Are they eBay employees? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Community Posters

Many people use a "posting id" or a buying only id.

Although it's rare there have been poster on this board that take criticism or correction very well and have been know to "mess" with those that dare to be truthful.

I'm not prepared to put my livelihood in jeopardy because of someone who is hypersensitive.

FYI - eBay employees who post here can be clearly identified by their @ebay usernames

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Community Posters

I was already quite active in the community before I found out about posting IDs.  I should have opened one but didn't.  I tend to be blunt (to a fault)  and sometimes people don't like the truth because it doesn't fit their narrative.  So whenever I give advice or quote eBay policy that someone doesn't want to hear, I block them from purchasing from me.  Yes, it's warranted...You would  be surprised by the personal attacks, private messages, and ravings of some members.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Community Posters

You can have as many accounts as you like.  My self, I have 3.  I used to sell on 2 of them.  My 3rd account, I used to use it to buy stuff for reselling purposes.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Community Posters

I’m just gathering all the facts and doing highly extensive research through all these posts about eBay in order to make sure when I do list my first item it’ll sell 100% successfully and without a hitch, okay? Others have even said to learn about eBay here before listing an item. Nothing wrong with being prepared. 🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Community Posters

@iamalwaysright wrote:

I’m just gathering all the facts and doing highly extensive research through all these posts about eBay in order to make sure when I do list my first item it’ll sell 100% successfully and without a hitch, okay? Others have even said to learn about eBay here before listing an item. Nothing wrong with being prepared. 🙂

LOL   😉

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 6
latest reply