cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is a tax invoice

and why am I being charged and this is added to my invoice? It is from int'l sales; I thought ebay collects all taxes and pays them? Is this something I have to pay but ebay doesn't charge buyer for?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: what is a tax invoice

You are in Managed Payments, so the FVF is

The FVF is 12.35% of item price + shipping + sales tax + .30

Before MP, the FVF was 10% of item price + shipping

Paypal charged 2.9% of item price + shipping + sales tax + .30

Total charges 12.90%

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

no, that's not what I am talking about; I now see a separate invoice called "sales tax invoice" which looks like a additional separate charge they are adding to my store invoice.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Since the sales tax is added on to what Ebay charges the customer, I tend to believe this is just shown for your record keeping, I don't believe it is a charge to you.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

He is not talking about final value fees. 

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

This is what I'm thinking. Horrible job of explaining this by ebay... But hey... It's ebay... No surprise. 

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Just got mine today too.
Looks like a statement for your taxes, nothing to do with sales tax.
Its showing the fees you paid to eBay last month. It is not a bill. Not sure why shipping charges paid are not on there.

FYI, the FVF went up, eBay gives you 250 "free" listing every month. Well..."free" means they are now charging .1% (or more) on the FVF.
I guess monthly changes to the User Agreement were not enough, not we have instant changes with no communication.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I just got my invoice  for March - April and it doesn't include any of the closing fees, and I also got tax invoice - I'm assuming there is mistake since amount due doesn't currently include closing fees and it really should?  

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Mine states:

Total current invoice in USD $617.24

This is a total of all the fees I have paid so why is it called an invoice when this was paid already?

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Someone else wrote:

Hi! I'm on the phone with someone from eBay Help Center, they didn't know that this will be set, so, after 30 minutes of checking everything with the accounting area, she is telling me that is not an invoice, you don't have to pay it (they already took the money hahaha) it is like just a REPORT, to let you know about what eBay charge you.

That is the NEW way they decided to report the monthly charges. She let me know that with this report they let us know that Fase 2 in their managed payment system has started. 

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Yes, I never received one of these before today but their wording is horrible.  It should say "statement" not invoice.  Very badly done on Ebay's part.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Is this something we have to pay or have already paid?

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

eBay really should have explained this better but basically this report just shows the amount you paid eBay in fees (already deducted from your Managed Payments account - green section) and any tax that you may have been charged on those fees (red section).

taxinvoice.jpg

Some national/state/local governments consider digital services to be taxable - including possibly the services that online marketplaces provide to sellers. For example eBay UK applies VAT on seller fees, and back in 2019 Amazon announced they would be assessing sales tax on seller fees in some states too.

amzfeetax.jpg

Given this recent change in reporting/invoicing, I suspect US eBay sellers in some states may start being charged taxes on seller fees soon too.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

I down loaded mine this morning and deleted. It looks like the same report I run each month so I can see all transactions / fees for the month but actually shows less details. 

I also received my April invoice on my basic store. I thought all our fees will be automatically collected under managed payments now. I'm not sure if I should pay or let them collect from funds. 

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Tax invoice means 'Income Tax' - they assume you will use for Income Tax deduction... (translation breakdown- remember, Adyen is from another country).

Has NOTHING to do with SALES TAX. 

IF you look closely at it, it is nothing but ALL THE FEES you are paying, Final Value, Listing Etc.  Everything 'except' the 'Monthly Store Fee'. 

Message 15 of 26
latest reply