cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

threatening emails from ebay!! help

Help! I keep getting threatening emails from Ebay saying I am below par and they will be shutting me down soon.

See attached screenshots of my performance to date.

I know what my problem has been....too many cancelled orders....almost a dozen in recent months.  I have built in mechanisms within our fulfillment channels to make sure this never happens again..

Correct me if I am wrong, but as long as I don't cancel any more orders I should be good? Help!! Thanks!!!Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: threatening emails from ebay!! help

Yes.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

thank you.....

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Your metrics automatically improve when you quit selling. After time passes, they go to zero. 

Best of luck to you

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

This is my experience yrs ago with another account. Easiest to just stop to let metrics go back to default

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

@williazwer_0 

When does your next defect drop off?

Get down to 10 and increase transactions to 501 to get back in good graces.

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

Curious; looks like you are just selling used old magazines and some T Shirts; are the T Shirts the items that are being 'fulfilled' by others? 

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

@froggyjump wrote:

It's a good time to stop selling. Let the metrics correct themselves. Ebay has a way of kicking you out without paying you for orders due. Get out now and wait a while until they fix themselves.

@williazwer_0, this is very bad advice.

If you stop selling, then  you won't get any new, good transactions, to offset the bad ones on your record. That means that statistically, your record would be getting worse. You need to get new, good transactions on your records in order to maintain your record as it is or (hopefully) get better.

Some sellers have tried this approach ... stopping selling, hoping that they will be able to sell again in the future, after the bad transactions have aged off. it doesn't work, as they found out when they were permanently suspended from selling.

If you stop selling when you are below standard, the chances are that your account will be suspended and permanently blocked from selling in the future.  And,  you're not allowed to use a different account to sell with, to try to do an end-run around the restriction.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

I am doing all the selling and fulfilling myself...

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Yes...

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Thanks ..Just listed a bunch of magazines.....

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

@williazwer_0 wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but as long as I don't cancel any more orders I should be good? Help!! 

No.

Below standard is generally a death sentence unless you can pull your numbers up. 

At your current defect rate of 2.35% with 11 defects, it looks like you have about 468 transactions. 

To get that defect rate under 2.0%, you will need to have add about 805transactions in short order.

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

This is terrible advice. His metrics could get much worse if just good sales drop off for a while. He needs plenty of new sales to try to offset the defects.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

I think he'll probably be gone come July 20th, or even sooner.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@froggyjump wrote:

Your metrics automatically improve when you quit selling. After time passes, they go to zero. 

They could go way up or way down depending upon when the defects happened.  

Let's say 1 of those defects rolls off tomorrow, but the other 10 were accumulated at the rate 2 per month over the past 5 months. 

And let's say his 480-ish transactions happened at 40 per month over the past year. 

If he stopped selling his rate would shoot up to 5% before it dropped to zero.

Jul: 440 sales 10 defects = 2.27%
Aug: 400 sales 10 defects = 2.50%
Sep: 360 sales 10 defects = 2.78%
Oct: 320 sales 10 defects = 3.13%
Nov: 280 sales 10 defects = 3.57%
Dec: 240 sales 10 defects = 4.17%
Jan: 200 sales 10 defects = 5.00%
Feb: 160 sales 8 defects = 5.00%
Mar: 120 sales 6 defects = 5.00%
Apr: 80 sales 4 defects = 5.00%
May: 40 sales 2 defects = 5.00%
Jun: 0 sales 0 defects = 0.00%

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

I've done this a few times with success so not sure why you are trying to say I am lying.

Yes, let the account sit for a while.  It will default back after a certain period of time. Check your Seller Dashboard

Message 30 of 31
latest reply