cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow sales september 2019

Our sales are very slow, the summer was slow ( actually slower) as usual but now? I wonder if they have put us on a poop list since we have not opted into managed payments. 

On the plus side, we are getting tons done around the house, stuff we've put off for years.

Would rather have the sales though. Anyone else?

Message 1 of 87
latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Avoid Managed Payments....and ...GTC if Possible....PayPal is Good and Honest

Message 2 of 87
latest reply

Things were good under Sept. I checked my traffic report and my performance report and neither has been updated by eBay since August 26th. Although I am adding more and more to my store, the report shows less and less hits to my site and page views. I'm not sure what is happening and after having called in twice about this I'm not sure eBay knows what is happening. I can only assure you that it is NOT just you! I can't trust going into managed payments by eBay until they can show me they can update simple tracking data more than once every three weeks on a website they put out over a year ago. 

Message 3 of 87
latest reply

Things have not been good for some time now and they just continue on a downward spiral.At what point does this affect Ebay enough for something to change? Well, only time will tell so it is a wait and see game and for now I have gotten used to fewer sales.

Message 4 of 87
latest reply

I totally agree....I already wait for a buyer to Pay at times for up to 5 days after the sale...and now Ebay wants to "manage my payment" for another few days even after that???...Whats Happening Here???....Certainly not the Same Ebay as it Was before GTC!!!!...Good Luck to All....😂😂

Message 5 of 87
latest reply

Have read that the ebay site may have been hacked.  Hope this is not true, but saw a brief story this week on Daily Mail of London.

Message 6 of 87
latest reply

Look at the bright side, no tax form 1099 for the year 2019!!

Message 7 of 87
latest reply

Although I am sorry to hear of you slow sales, I am relieved to know I'm not the only one left scratching my head. Hopefully, it's only the summer doldrums. 

Message 8 of 87
latest reply

I have been thinking the same thing with regards to managed payments.  I was told via e-mail by ebay to sign up for managed payments a few days ago and I have not done so because I do not trust ebay.  Now my sales have come to a halt.  I sincerely hope that they are not doing this to us because there has to be something illegal with this

Message 9 of 87
latest reply

@fashionandform wrote:

On the plus side, we are getting tons done around the house, stuff we've put off for years.

Would rather have the sales though. Anyone else?

Slow sales, no sales most of the summer. but.........WE got the garage cleaned out - I will have our cars in the cars in teh garage this winter. 

Message 10 of 87
latest reply

Same here, no sales since sept 4th! I believe eBay changed the search! It was that if we picked promoted listings, we would have that promotion and our own listing showing up! But now with promoted listings, they took away our regular listing so that it’s not showing up twice! This is very bad as I would not always sell by promotion!! EBay what the heck are you guys doing to us ?   

Message 11 of 87
latest reply

Sales for most of August were great.  then around the 26th it stopped for a few days.  Started up again slowly.  I am selling strange OLD stuff that has been listed for a while.  The only thing I can think of is that I AM using promoted listings.  

I am dealing with my Dad who is ill.  Not much listing going on since December.  My sales have stayed good with old listings.  Great for lowering the inventory level.  Just strange as I have had to increase my handling time for up to 20 BUSINESS days! August was one of my strongest months.  I will beat LY for September as well.  I just cannot figure out what is happening.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 12 of 87
latest reply

I rather hold out as long as possible before switching to managed payments. I have read too many horror stories from people who have signed up and rather wait for eBay to work out the bugs. 

I can't afford to ship something before the money is in my bank account or PayPal! That is my biggest issue. Second is that I only want to deal through PayPal. I don't want anything to do with other payment formats.

Call me old school, but I just want things simple. I don't live my life in front of the computer or cell phone and do not wish to. Get out and smell the fresh air!

Message 13 of 87
latest reply

I am dreading the managed payments.

I sell on Etsy and they use the same managed payments system.  It works GREAT on Etsy.  However you can print and pay for your shipping label directly from your funds.  IDK why feebay is jerking around with the label payment.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 14 of 87
latest reply

If they can sell enough for me to relax I am thinking of buying a new refrigerator, 22 cubic ft. financed by paypal credit. I figure the only way for them to actual sell my very nice things that I have collected is for me to borrow lots of money from them, you see? I know pp and ebay are separate companies but very good, I think were about done here, good luck selling everyone, I hope it picks up.
Message 15 of 87
latest reply