cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ERROR Creating Label: Label could not be generated. Internal error. " Can't ship items!!

So I have been having this ERROR problem for a while now with the new label printing/shipping. I would go to ship,, only some of my item would get this error and would not allow me to ship. Ebay used to have an option to 'Use Classic Label Printing". I would have to switch to the old version and that would allow me to print the label. Now, Ebay has removed the 'Classic Label Printing" option... So I now have items that need shipped and I keep getting this error. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Anyone else have this issue or is only me??  

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: "ERROR Creating Label: Label could not be generated. Internal error. " Can't ship item

I can’t print any labels haven’t been able to for a while.  Customer service just lies every time I call to try and have it fixed.  

This started happening after my late shipping defect percentage went up.... after a fault not on my own and eBay had promised to remove those defects and didn’t.   I have a feeling this is how they are handling what they consider an unwanted seller.  My guess is they were involved with way to many lawsuits for closing down accounts.  This caused them to have to find another way to rid themselves of sellers they don’t want.   

If they make it difficult to sell you will stop selling.  Well that’s what they are hoping for anyways.  

It’s just more of eBay’s nonsense.  One day they will be over thrown by someone else.   Same with amazon, but those are all stories for another day. 

Message 31 of 66
latest reply

Re: "ERROR Creating Label: Label could not be generated. Internal error. " Can't ship item

Same deal from eBay.  Tried Paypal,  doesn't support the address. USPS  says address is good. It is a PR address. Error creating label: Label could not be generated. Internal error. FYI  other labels before and after did print fine. 

Message 32 of 66
latest reply

@motoman98sc 

Did you try any of the PR solutions earlier posted in this thread?

Message 33 of 66
latest reply

Yes, I tried editing the address, ie spaces, periods , etc. too. His shipping address looks correct and USPS has it valid too.  Tried editing it in paypal too. Classic view gives you a survey then kicks you out

Message 34 of 66
latest reply

The service type is not supported.
The package type is not supported.

This is Paypals message as soon as you click calculate.

Message 35 of 66
latest reply

Message 36 of 66
latest reply

Happened to me today. Parcel going to the UK. PayPal option raised price from eBay discounted $96 all the way to $124. Actual postal price was $114. PayPal seems to be adding big fees. I pay a lot of fees to eBay and PayPal monthly. I expect things to work

Message 37 of 66
latest reply

Urb. Parque San Miguel Calle #7 i-24
Bayamón
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Message 38 of 66
latest reply

The paypal labels helped me very much. Thanks 

Message 39 of 66
latest reply

I switched browsers from chrome to edge...took a while to load label but did it..

Message 40 of 66
latest reply

I keep getting server down when I try to print since last night.  I called customer service, who said it is my computer.  This site is a disaster.

Message 41 of 66
latest reply

I went to do my shipping labels this morning and had internal errors also on Ebay. I did as the thread suggested and went to print them on Paypal. It worked!

Message 42 of 66
latest reply

OMG - thanks SO much for this! I have been trying to print a shipping label in eBay for two days - have tried so many things with zero luck. Printing from PayPal worked perfectly, the first time!
Message 43 of 66
latest reply

Found a solution on the forum that worked for me.

"Here is how to get back to the Classic View that has been taken away from Sellers. If you cannot find the back to classic link, I have a workaround that works for me. When you have clicked on an item that needs shipping, you should see the new shipping/label, but you should also see that URL changed to have the word "gsblui" somewhere in the URL (the web address in your browser), and it should be followed by the words new_label? somewhere in the URL right after the Ebay.com part. Where you see the words "new_label" delete only those words and underscores and substitute back_to_classic and leave the ? in the same location it already is within your URL, leaving the rest of the URL intact as-is. It will change back to classic view. " 

This worked for me, and I was able to print my shipping labels.

Message 44 of 66
latest reply

Didn't work with my Chrome all morning. Printed at PayPal ship now instead.

Message 45 of 66
latest reply