cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ERROR Creating Label: Label could not be generated. Internal error. " Can't ship items!!

So I have been having this ERROR problem for a while now with the new label printing/shipping. I would go to ship,, only some of my item would get this error and would not allow me to ship. Ebay used to have an option to 'Use Classic Label Printing". I would have to switch to the old version and that would allow me to print the label. Now, Ebay has removed the 'Classic Label Printing" option... So I now have items that need shipped and I keep getting this error. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Anyone else have this issue or is only me??  

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

"ERROR Creating Label: Label could not be generated. Internal error. " Can't ship items!!

Same error here. Trying to print a FedEx Smart Post and it says... Error creating label: Label could not be generated. Internal error.
Message 2 of 66
latest reply

Did you ever manage to figure it out? I am having the same issues, thx.
Message 3 of 66
latest reply

@travi.theel wrote:
Did you ever manage to figure it out? I am having the same issues, thx.

If your problem is with one address only, a badly mistyped mailing address can trigger that error, which can occur when the buyer's address is validated behind the scenes with the USPS database, which occurs when you try to pay for the label and print it. (That error message is kind of a generic catch-all error, so other problem(s) may be occurring instead.)

Try pasting the problem address into the USPS ZIP+4 verification page at https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction_input (follow the Look Up by Address link). Paste in the address exactly as you received it, click the blue Find button at the bottom, and see what you get back. If the address is corrected, update your label form with the corrected address. (You are not changing the destination by doing this; you're just correcting the address for that location.)

Also, mailing addresses for Puerto Rico can really confound the validation process. If that's the issue, post an anonymized form of the address you have here, and maybe we can work it out.

If you still have no luck, you may need to cancel, using the "Problem with buyer address" reason for cancellation.

Message 4 of 66
latest reply

There is a workaround to printing out shipping labels directly in PayPal.  I USED to print my labels via eBay and with as glitchy as eBay's shipping labels are I just switched directly to PayPal labels.  

Open the transaction in eBay and click on the transaction details.  This will take you directly to the PayPal transaction.  You can print your shipping label from there.  Transaction details.jpg

Message 5 of 66
latest reply

If you print the label in PayPal, be sure to manually copy/paste the tracking number into the transaction on eBay and mark it as shipped. 

tree*fern
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 66
latest reply

@tree*fern wrote:

If you print the label in PayPal, be sure to manually copy/paste the tracking number into the transaction on eBay and mark it as shipped. 

Thank you for that.... Yes, sometimes it pastes onto the eBay transaction by itself, and sometimes it does not.  You do have to check each and every transaction to make certain it did.

What I do is open about 10 transactions at a time using the open in another tab option.  Then I process each of the 10 transactions.  Once I'm finished with those 10, I go back and hit f5 (refresh) and make certain the tracking pasted over on itself.  If it didn't, I hit the payment transaction again and copy and paste the tracking number into the eBay transaction.  The reason I do 10 at once is because it can take a minute or two to map over on its own.

I realize this sounds complicated, but it isn't.  I average about 3 minutes per sale and this includes packaging, creating the shipping label and checking to make certain it mapped over.

Message 7 of 66
latest reply

BTW,

eBay makes money off of each and every shipping label you print, believe me they do not pass all the postal discounts they get on to us.  With as glitchy as eBay's shipping label program is, I refuse to reward them for their failure to fix this problem.... And THAT'S why I switched over to PayPal's shipping.  99.999% of the time it is glitchless.

Message 8 of 66
latest reply

I hae tried using PAYPAL to pay for shipment but I ma getting the error below. Any advice? This is a PR address I have tried using EBAY to print the shipping label with no success. Thanks for taking a look.

Message 9 of 66
latest reply

@luckysmitherini2012 wrote:

So I have been having this ERROR problem for a while now with the new label printing/shipping. I would go to ship,, only some of my item would get this error and would not allow me to ship. Ebay used to have an option to 'Use Classic Label Printing". I would have to switch to the old version and that would allow me to print the label. Now, Ebay has removed the 'Classic Label Printing" option... So I now have items that need shipped and I keep getting this error. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Anyone else have this issue or is only me??  

I just had that problem tonight . I had 2 items to ship . The first label printed out fine  but I kept getting an error message  on the second one . I tried everything  but nothing worked . So I went over to the USPS website [ click and ship]  section  and printed the label from  there . It cost a bit more  but I don't want to get a late shipping ding . Tulips

Message 10 of 66
latest reply

@savings_11 wrote:

I hae tried using PAYPAL to pay for shipment but I ma getting the error below. Any advice? This is a PR address I have tried using EBAY to print the shipping label with no success. Thanks for taking a look.

It was also a PR address that I had that wouldn't generate a label . I reported the problem to e bay this morning . Tulips 

Message 11 of 66
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

@savings_11 wrote:

It was also a PR address that I had that wouldn't generate a label . I reported the problem to e bay this morning . Tulips 

Take a close look at how the buyer has provided the State and Country data. The State field should have only "PR" in it, just those two capital letters, nothing else. The Country should have USA in it (or perhaps blank, since there is already a State and ZIP given).

If in doubt, go to usps.com and paste in the address in their ZIP code verification form exactly as it appears in your buyer's address: https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction_input

If that comes back with any fields changed or corrected, make the necessary alterations and try again.

P.S. I know the message reads "Internal error," but in my experience, that is used as a catch-all message when the actual problem, whatever it is, doesn't have a specific message to pass back to the user, so you get that vague thing instead.

Message 12 of 66
latest reply

Are you solved this problem? Could you share me how to solve this problem?
Message 13 of 66
latest reply

Hi,I have the same problem with you . The customer's address is PR Juncos 00777. Could you please tell me what's the country I need to choose in USPS website. Thank you
Message 14 of 66
latest reply

@joyalty wrote:
Hi,I have the same problem with you . The customer's address is PR Juncos 00777. Could you please tell me what's the country I need to choose in USPS website. Thank you

It's in the U.S ..   good luck - Tulips 

Message 15 of 66
latest reply