cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new listing tool disliked by veteran sellers as well as new sellers! its universally bad

Early on i had noted that most of the complaints and posts about the new unified listing experience were from high feedback and experienced long time sellers.   That was highlighted because of the lack of consideration of the most experienced sellers was a huge blunder and waste of a free resource when designing this mobile only app.

Now i find it funny to note that many of the new posters here has less that 100 feedback as well- that means you completely missed the mark ebay- even new sellers dont like the mobile only feel and function of the tool on their computers!

It highlights to general and universal unification of a tool that does not work for any group of sellers on ebay using desktop computers.

how much negative feedback is it going to take to get this tool better designed for computer use? or are we waiting for the 3rd quarter results showing further decline in gmv because sellers continue to be hampered and frustrated by a mobile phone app listing tool forced on a desktop?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: new listing tool disliked by veteran sellers as well as new sellers! its universally bad

The eBay stock price is down 50% in the last year!!  Ouch.  Are the folks running eBay not getting the message?  Also just read this on CNBC: "Two former eBay executives sentenced to prison for involvement in cyberstalking scheme".

Wow.....

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Re: new listing tool disliked by veteran sellers as well as new sellers! its universally bad

All this is extraneous - the new listing page did not cause the cyberstalking (this happened over two years ago), it has not caused sales to go up and down - it's a new listing tool.  Period. New sellers tend to come here to ask questions so yes, they have lower FB numbers.

At some point, it's going to be old news and people will stop complaining and start adapting, which many have already done.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 17 of 31
latest reply

eBay stock price is DOWN 50% over the last year.  That is absolutely terrible performance!

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Your attitude has always been ebay's. Take it or leave it. The problem is between the terrible search engine, glitches, scandals, scammers, now the listing tool, and just changing times, ebay is struggling.

At what point do they adapt to listen to the input of their customers?    

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

For the record.....I use a lot of "Sell one like this" or listings duplication, with most of the work done and stored in drafts the layout, even for minor edits, is extremely cumbersome and does not really follow a logic visual flow from a desktop on a 42" monitor.

The new workflow seem to be designed for a the mobile platform by its vertical arrangement proving once again that Ebay development teams do not listed to what their customers say.   For mobile devices sellers want two apps....one for buying and one for selling.

The whole shipping module is horrible....gee whiz

Lastly the whole listings/drafts thing was not well tested.....I have stored drafts that I no longer need that cannot be deleted. Just another development bug.

Since ebay is not going to go back to the old listing module......I am hoping they will improve the graphical layout so make the visual flow work better

The listing process is a perfect example of a "woke" team changing something just to change it with no thought as to its affects.  

It reminds me of when Apple changed swipe down to swipe up just because

HK

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

A friend of mine just called yesterday because he was using this new tool for a week and he just had to vent lol.  He manages 4 ebay stores and has over 10,000 unique listings( one-off vintage car parts and industrial parts).  Full time seller for many years.  His initial thoughts were- "its different but whatever- and he liked the pictures section and how some of the item specifics were just there like vintage and performance etc",   one week later- " what the heck have they done?!   Pictures will not edit- on first try. the screen reloads and all edits are lost- works fine the 2nd time...,  item specifics are completely annoying that you MUST hit a done button or a + sign to add! ( while on the phone it erased an IS he was working on- (causing a few choice words again),  to access his templates take 6 extra mouse clicks instead of one~- first you must open advanced edit tools in description and then templates which open another box to select but when you select the template you want- it opens another box to select if you want to use it or modify it.......too much work for nothing. 

He was completely befuddled by the category selection!- if you want to adjust the final category - the tool makes you start at the beginning every time and click through all the steps to get to the final category!!!! humongous waste of time and resources- the classic tool let you see all the progressions at once and just change them in a cascading logical order.  And by the way WHY IS THE FINAL CATEGORY SHOWN FIRST AND THEN IT STARTS AT THE BEGINING AND GOES THROUGH THE PROGRESSION?- that is confusing and backwards.......  makes no logical sense.

I told him not worry and that ebay says he just has to get used to it lol..... his comment was that he is not able to list even close to the amount of items he did with the classic desktop listing tool and why would they ever force a mobile app on a computer?!

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

I use a desktop and been using the new tool for over a year and it doesn't take any longer now to do listings then it did before.

Sure it's different and takes a little bit to learn, but they gave you almost 2 years to work with it.

Exactly. I have no issues with it and I use a MAC desktop.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

I don't find the use part as bad as the bits that are broken. I am not a large seller so the time drain is not yet a factor for me. But it could be going forward. I have a hard time with the shipping portion, that will not allow me to change the rate when I create a draft. I have to save the draft, open it again, and then it allows me to make a change. That is a time drain even for a small fry like me. Sorry cheerleaders, but this tool is not good and was launched with too many bugs, noted by far too many users . Epic ebay fail, full stop.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@chapeau-noir  "At some point, it's going to be old news and people will stop complaining and start adapting, which many have already done."

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.....

Anyone who has been on this Board for a long time knows exactly what you are saying, and these gradual rollouts mean that the complaining seems never ending, because, even as the early groups have adapted, new people are just seeing this, and so the complaining begins anew. As with managed payments, as with GTC, eventually the roll out concludes and a relatively few people actually leave, and all the others adapt.

Of course, by that point, ebay will probably have made some other change that will create a new uproar.

While ebay has, on rare occasion, rolled something back, it pays to be realistic: ebay is NOT going to give us back Classic. This new listing form is built on a new "stack" and ebay is getting rid of the old stack (same as the new store homepage is built on a new stack.) And, no, ebay is not going to really listen to the generalized "this sucks!" complaints. There is a difference between criticism and constructive criticism. 

The listing form has a feedback module, and ebay has proven responsive to feedback that targets specific features which might benefit from seller suggested changes. But swamping ebay with "bring back Classic" is a waste of time. But we know ebay has actually made changes to the form based on seller feedback, and that is the BEST way to get this improved. 

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Oh? And if we fail to adapt to eBay's brainless changes will we be stalked by eBay?  I don't want to be harassed or receive a fetal pig in my mailbox.

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Waste of time?  Even Coca-Cola brought back Classic Coke!  After a company starts LOSING enough money they decide that maybe they should start listening to the customers.

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

For me it's not so much the layout of the new listing tool, I can adapt to that, it's more about the "glitches" and problems I am having with creating listings. Things not being saved, changes between what I entered and what appears in the listing, etc. Those I hope eBay does fix over time but in the interim it's just a pain to deal with. 

While I understand eBay's attempt at creating a single form that will work for both desktop and mobile app users they are not the first company to try to achieve this and most fail miserably at it. It's like trying to design a car that will do 100+ MPH, haul a family of 4, haul 2 tons of rock and get 30 MPG. 

It could have been worse they could have done away with the Imperial measurements in the form given there are only 3 countries, the US being one, in the world that still use that form of measurement. Be interesting to go to Home Depot and buy a 5.08 cm x 10.16 cm x 2.438 m piece of lumber or a 1.2192 m x 2.4384 m sheet of plywood. 

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt   I have been able to list with the new tool but its just so uncomfortable. cant seem to establish a flow- like im using it for the first time again.... and i have had it for 11 months now.  I just used the link that is floating around these boards to get back to the classic and it was a relief lol.  it is just so much more intuitive and straight forward and logical and easy to use.  Problem is- i usually do sell similar instead of starting from scratch and when doing that it forces use of the new tool.

I'll admit- i do not understand how there can be so many glitches and problems. its just code- ones and zeros. if it is written correct and works one time, why doesn't it work on the next listing? what changes? 

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

It sounds like you do know something about eBay I have a question. Why will the new listing tool not save your information in the description box of your listing? It won't save it in a listing templet either. If you have an answer I would greatly appreciate it. I am about to pull my hair out and just give up on this idea. I used to able to list an item in 2 minutes. It now takes me forever because the new system won't save anything. Thankl you

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

@mbenson0622  its not just you - you are not doing anything wrong and there is nothing you can do until ebay IT actually fixes the problem.   It happens in waves and effects different sellers at different times.  Just call in and report it so they get a ticket started for your account

Message 30 of 31
latest reply