cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting rid of ebay stock photos

I'm revising some old, old listings and can't seem to ditch ebay stock photos when mine are larger, clearer and show the actual product instead of a not final image type like ebay has.

Is there a way to get rid of them and still retain the pre-filled product details?

...I should probably just get rid of those too....who knows if that stuff is right

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Great so while I have a better quality image of the book I am selling I have to use ebay's smaller, wrong picture in the 1st position...

Actually that makes perfect ebay sense.

Probably just list them without ISBN. I don'tsee any benefit from using ebay categories or photos.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

As I understand it, you have to use both or none.......you can add your own photos, but the gallery image will be the stock imagine. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Great so while I have a better quality image of the book I am selling I have to use ebay's smaller, wrong picture in the 1st position...

Actually that makes perfect ebay sense.

Probably just list them without ISBN. I don'tsee any benefit from using ebay categories or photos.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I was selling a used item a while back, and eBay kept inserting their stock photo.  Although I kept deleting it, it always came back.  I don't think there's any way to get rid of it if you have information that identifies it as an item in their catalog.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@emerald_door wrote:

I was selling a used item a while back, and eBay kept inserting their stock photo.  Although I kept deleting it, it always came back.  I don't think there's any way to get rid of it if you have information that identifies it as an item in their catalog.

It's disturbing as IMO it sets up a SNAD by putting an unrelated picture in the listing.  If the buyer goes by only the stock picture, they won't be prepared for exactly what the item looks like.  Maybe I am fanciful, but I believe that can happen.  Perhaps changing the info and title so that it doesn't correspond to the catalog would help?  Just a thought!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@robot-hands wrote:

I'm revising some old, old listings and can't seem to ditch ebay stock photos when mine are larger, clearer and show the actual product instead of a not final image type like ebay has.

Is there a way to get rid of them and still retain the pre-filled product details?

...I should probably just get rid of those too....who knows if that stuff is right

Actually, as far as being right, I have read posts where the wrong info populated into a listing, and the seller then had an unhappy buyer and a claim to deal with.

Sometimes even with checking, this can be missed, and the seller may have expected the info to be correct in any case.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I don’t have a direct answer for you, but maybe this will serve as a thread to be tugged on:

I have over 11,000 listings and not one of them has an eBay “stock photo”. On the other hand I am still using Turbo Lister.

One day I only had a single item to list and I didn’t feel like cranking up TL. So I went to “listing/list your item” and the first thing it asked me for was a UPC # and/or brand name, etc.

MAYBE by using eBay’s listing tool you are opening the door for them to automatically insert whatever they want.

MAYBE using a third party listing tool which dumps a fully completed listing you escape their mucking about with it.

Truth be told, this is only a guess - but I do NOT have ANY stock photos in any of my listings. Gotta be something.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@emerald_door wrote:

Exactly! I keep unchecking the pre-filled information box and ebay bots keep re-checking the box and in turn, reinstall the stock photo and pre-filled info. How do I get off this crazy train LOL. I hope this never results in a SNAD.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I wish eBay would at least explain whether forcing stock photos on us is a feature or a bug. There are a lot of sellers frustrated with this. I've decided I'd rather exclude the UPC from my listings if it means those stupid tiny or non existent stock photos aren't the main photo.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Another thread said that you can remove it in the "Advance Listing Tool," but doing that removes it from the catalog.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Happened to me once.  I'd already listed a vintage/ used item.    I attempted to revise it to remove photo,  by trying various things.   There was an option when revising of something like 'review product details'.  Wish I could remember.  It was kind of under the segment of the page at the top,  where the stock photo was.   An option in that link had the obvious solution and it was fixed in an instant at that point.  Sorry for vagueness but it might help.    But be assured there is a way to do it at least

Message 11 of 11
latest reply