cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback remove request

Hi,

ebay doesn't care about small sellers at all. I sent a a feedback remove request but of course i received the standard answer "We reviewed your request to remove the feedback for xxx. Unfortunately we won’t be able to remove this comment because it doesn’t violate any of our feedback policies."
Here is the feedback "I bought more than one item , and they charged me more than one time ."

if the one who looked at this case, had done a minimum check, he would have seen that the buyer is a liar and left this feedback out of revenge.

He bought two items in 2 different days, i sent the items separate with 2 tracking numbers.

If i have more then one item in a day, from the same buyer,  even if is 2-3 different orders, i always send one package and a partial refund for the shipping.ALWAYS. It is not the first time when i have issues with ebay employees, they are so nonprofessional, they always answer copy and paste, no checking nothing.I have a lot of stories..

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: feedback remove request

It isn't the standard reply.  It is the reply when the bot doesn't find anything wrong with the feedback as it pertains to the policies of Ebay.

That particular fb would be hard for a bot to figure out if it was within policy or not.  I think even a CSR might have some questions about that one.  It is odd to be sure.  

Your best argument on that one is that they are leaving feedback for two SEPARATE transactions in one.  Ebay FB is suppose to be about the ONE transaction.

On each Ebay page there is a link to contact Customer Service at the top of the page and again at the bottom of the page.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service. Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is. Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message. It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left. If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options. Not all options are available 24/7. It will depend on staffing available. So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't. Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me. If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Something else you should be aware of is that you aren't doing yourself any favors by what you say in some of your responses to the negative FB left.  Your responses sometimes are worse than what the buyer says.  You should never call your buyers names, is an important thing NOT to do. 

All your responses should be polite and professional.  Factual, not emotional.  You only hurt yourself in the eyes of potential buyers that review your FB when you say stuff like you do.  Just bad business really.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

OMG, the 18 year old phone one - that was bad on so many levels and does no one any favours.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

so next time should i say thank you for the feedback ?

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

thank you, i will try to contact ebay for this one

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I understand not all the customers can be happy, maybe they had a bad day or whatever but they always have the option to return the item for a full refund. If they don't want to return the item, but they want a full refund and to keep the item, that is not ok for me. I am not walmart, i have a regular job.If you don't want to return an item for a full refund, then i am a bad person as a seller? You prefer to leave a bad feedback instead to return the item and loose the money? BTW the seller is the one who pay for both labels.And trust me, all the return request , that the buyers pretend are not working or turning on, they work just fine. I relisted those products and sold them without problems.

Before i ship a phone, i always turn on the phone for one more time, then you pretend that the phone is not turning on and you want a full refund but you don't want to send back the phone 🙂

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@cellphonesmuseum wrote:

You should maybe reply a little nicer or just don't reply at all.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

I would have said something like: "I'm sorry that you had these issues with the phone, and it did not live up to expectations. Since these are old cell phones, they are sold as collector pieces only, and I cannot guarantee that they are usable"

I looked at one of your listings in question and I see you do mention that it your description

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@cellphonesmuseum wrote:

This isn't a joke.  No one even suggested that you tell the buyer "thank you for the feedback".  You are taking what has been shared with you totally the wrong direction.  Clearly you will do as you see fit.  We tried to help you and you want to make a joke out of it.  It is no joke but you will likely continue to do that because you don't see the importance.  Your right of course.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Hi @cellphonesmuseum 

You're reacting to the advice of experienced sellers the same way you're reacting to dissatisfied buyers ... with defensiveness and sarcasm.  That's certainly your right to do ... but it doesn't serve your business well.

If you are going to reply to bad feedback ... then think of the future buyers who will be reading your Replies.  That way, you will put on your most professional demeanor so that buyers will be reassured that it is safe to deal with you.

No offense meant ... but you sound like you're burned out with selling and need a vacation or time-out.  At the least, you should have someone else handle your communications until you are feeling calm and reasonable.  I'm not trying to be mean, but your demeanor is not helping you OR your bottom line.  eBay can't help you by removing negative feedback you're receiving because of your attitude.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Because ebay refused to remove one of your feedbacks ... ebay doesn't care about small sellers?

That's quite a stretch.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

did you come to this conclusion? 

I also have some experience with ebay, I can tell you more if you want. In my experience as a buyer on ebay, I noticed that whenever I left a negative review for a big seller, it was deleted instantly. I made the mistake many times or to choose big sellers because they had hundreds of thousands of feedbacks, 100% of course. Big mistake, they can do what they want, ebay is always with them, as is the case with small sellers, ebay is always with the buyers 🙂

I can't agree that, buyers on ebay can do what they want and ebay doesn't care. Here I will come with some examples from personal experience. I had several returns as a seller, all of them had the same reason, the product it doesn't work or doesn't start. In each case the product was ok, I relisted and sold it without problems. I had a few cases when they returned something else! or they changed the battery with a defective one. They basically bought the phone for the battery and then returned the phone with their defective battery. How did ebay help me? In addition, these buyers almost always have 0 feedback or a maximum of 5.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Chances are those feedback comments violated policy for one reason or another.  I've had many such comments removed successfully, but never ones that didn't violate any policy.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

@cellphonesmuseum wrote:

did you come to this conclusion? 

I also have some experience with ebay, I can tell you more if you want. In my experience as a buyer on ebay, I noticed that whenever I left a negative review for a big seller, it was deleted instantly. I made the mistake many times or to choose big sellers because they had hundreds of thousands of feedbacks, 100% of course. Big mistake, they can do what they want, ebay is always with them, as is the case with small sellers, ebay is always with the buyers 🙂

I can't agree that, buyers on ebay can do what they want and ebay doesn't care. Here I will come with some examples from personal experience. I had several returns as a seller, all of them had the same reason, the product it doesn't work or doesn't start. In each case the product was ok, I relisted and sold it without problems. I had a few cases when they returned something else! or they changed the battery with a defective one. They basically bought the phone for the battery and then returned the phone with their defective battery. How did ebay help me? In addition, these buyers almost always have 0 feedback or a maximum of 5.

What @inhawaii said is true.

You are correct that for some sellers that have a Concierge Service, they also got a certain amount of negative FB removed each quarter and all they had to do was ask.  You should be happy to learn that this particular perk was retired a couple of months ago.  BTW this service wasn't just for mega / very large sellers. 

There is no rule that says "I can't agree that, buyers on ebay can do what they want and ebay doesn't care."  The you'd be happy to know that there are rules and buyers can't do whatever they want.  But they can do things that are within the rules just as sellers can.

And yes you are correct that a buyer is likely to get refunded whenever they file an INAD for any reason.  That is because of the Ebay MBG policy.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply