cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback remove request

Hi,

ebay doesn't care about small sellers at all. I sent a a feedback remove request but of course i received the standard answer "We reviewed your request to remove the feedback for xxx. Unfortunately we won’t be able to remove this comment because it doesn’t violate any of our feedback policies."
Here is the feedback "I bought more than one item , and they charged me more than one time ."

if the one who looked at this case, had done a minimum check, he would have seen that the buyer is a liar and left this feedback out of revenge.

He bought two items in 2 different days, i sent the items separate with 2 tracking numbers.

If i have more then one item in a day, from the same buyer,  even if is 2-3 different orders, i always send one package and a partial refund for the shipping.ALWAYS. It is not the first time when i have issues with ebay employees, they are so nonprofessional, they always answer copy and paste, no checking nothing.I have a lot of stories..

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: feedback remove request

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

Chances are those feedback comments violated policy for one reason or another.  I've had many such comments removed successfully, but never ones that didn't violate any policy.

Some do and some don't.

"I bought more than one item , and they charged me more than one time ."  This one likely because it covers two different transactions and FB is suppose to be for the single transaction.

That is the only one that I see might have a chance of getting removed.  I could be wrong of course, but that is my opinion.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Hi,

i think you are right, but you have to understand one thing.We are not the same, i am latin in blood so we are acting different.Even if i try sometimes i can't because i see people that take advantage of ebay rules and ebay don't care.They always tell me to report the buyer and so on, but nothing happed after, is just a wasting of time.

let's take 2-3 hypothetical cases.

1. you are the seller and I am the buyer. I bought a product from you today and you, because you are a good seller and always ship the product on the same day or the next working day, you shipped the product on the same day. Good
The next day, I buy another product from you but please add a free charger to the order. You, because you are a good seller, add a free charger to the order, pay $1.5 extra for shipping because it exceeds 8 OZ .Good
After 2 months, I leave you a negative feedback and say that you charged me twice for shipping, although in your description it says that if you buy one or more products you get a partial refund.
What will be your response to this feedback?
2. again, you are the seller, I am the buyer. I buy a product from you, an old phone in this case. After a month, I open a return request because the phone does not turn on. That's how long it took me to realize this thing, do you have any problem with it?. Moreover, when you get the phone back you realize that the phone turns on and has no problem or it is a different phone than you sent. You will say something to the seller or ebay ? or just move on and say thank you?
In addition, for all returns, buyers have 30 days to return a product. Why? If they keep the product for a month until they open a case and then another month until they send it back plus shipping time, it is more than 2 months. You could have sold the product several times during this time to an ok buyer.
3. again, you are the seller, I am the buyer. I buy a product from you. After 2-3 weeks since I received the product, I inform you that it does not work. You tell me nicely to open a return request, but I don't want to .I want a full refund and keep the product. Do you have a problem with this? Are you going to contact ebay? And if you contact them, what will happen? NOTHING.
If you want, I can give you many more examples. I can say that all my experience as a seller on ebay, which is from somewhere around the year 2000. There is no seller protection at all, simple.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Yes you are right, i guess 767 positive feedbacks in a year VS 6 bad feedbacks means that i don't know exactly how to handle this.

You have to understand that, sometimes i am tired because the buyers always have the option to return the item and to get a full refund if is something wrong. But some of them, want to keep your item and to get a full refund or at least a partial refund, otherwise they will let you a bad feedback.

In the end, I don't even know what was in my head to post here. When you experience something like this, I hope you remember me.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

How many positives you have doesn't have anything to do with your problem at hand.

We all get tired.  You are not on a island by yourself.  Most active sellers experience similar problems with their buyers from time to time.  However your rough edges in communicating with your buyers may be adding to your pain right now.

I would never advise any seller to refund a buyer and allow them to keep the product unless it was cost preventative to pay for return shipping.  Then you might cut your loses.  But for the most part require them to file a Request for Return.  That can help you.  If they file it but never return the item, you don't have to refund them and you can get the claim closed in your favor which will protect your FB.

Partial refunds, I also don't recommend those unless if financially benefits you to do so.  Otherwise I'd have them open a Request for return and approve it to be returned to you.

Again, you are not being singled out.  All of the experiences sellers that have been trying to help you have had their fair share of buyer's issue.  I certainly know I have.  You are not an exception, you are just like the rest of us.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

yes but they don't want to remove this one.

And there is one more, the very old one. A guy from Zambia, he left the bad feedback after two months. 

"I never received the item" Serious? what will everyone understand, that I took the money and did not send the product? When i tried to print the label, i realized for that country i can not trace the package and more than that, the insurance company can not provide insurance.So, i canceled the order and i gived a full refund

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@cellphonesmuseum 

Thank you for all your examples.  🙂

I've been reading (and answering) posts in the eBay Community for almost 20 years.  I am totally aware of the numerous problems sellers have with unreasonable buyers and unhelpful eBay policies.  It definitely is NOT easy being an eBay seller.  😕

All I was trying to point out is that you are hurting yourself with the Relies you are leaving to negative feedback.  I understand that you will be upset when you read a feedback comment that you feel is unfair ... or even fraudulent ... but there is no time limit for leaving a Reply.  I am just recommending that you WAIT until you are calm ... AND THEN compose a reply that will demonstrate how reasonable and professional you are.  THAT will cause buyers who read it to sympathize with you and disbelieve the buyer.  If you come off as a jerk in your replies ... then you've totally defeated the purpose.  

Anyway, good luck to you ... and I hope you have a FABULOUS day!   😊

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

All your feedback seems to be basically centered around the same thing, which is the age of the phones. Make sure that your listings are exactly what you are selling and have the age in them. That should help going forward. Good luck to you. 

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

thank you for the advice

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@cellphonesmuseum wrote:

yes but they don't want to remove this one.

And there is one more, the very old one. A guy from Zambia, he left the bad feedback after two months. 

"I never received the item" Serious? what will everyone understand, that I took the money and did not send the product? When i tried to print the label, i realized for that country i can not trace the package and more than that, the insurance company can not provide insurance.So, i canceled the order and i gived a full refund

The old one is just something you have to live with.  Buyers have 60 days to leave FB.  You have about that same amount of time to get it removed if it has broken one of the rules.  After that Ebay can't touch them.  Their system literally doesn't allow for it.

If you have requested the removal of your most current one and you told them that it was a FB for two separate transaction, then there isn't much you can do about that one either.  

But it would likely help you if you can reach out to Ebay and see if you can revise your comments to the FB that was within the last 60 days, maybe 90.  I don't think you can, but the worse they can tell you is no.  But you really do not help yourself with your responses, so if you can get them removed or edited, it would be better for you.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

but they always have the option to return the item for a full refund.

Then your only Response should be "I regret you are unhappy with your purchase. Please return for refund."

If they do not return the purchase, you do not refund.

You might also add another Response "Refund on return offered January 10,2024. No return as of April 10, 2024"

You are not writing these Responses for the buyer, but for future buyers.

You have a LOT of negatives and neutrals , especially when we see that most of your FB is for purchases not sales and your sellers cannot leave negative feedback.

Your more pointed comments should be kept for Messages or better:

voodoo DOLL.jpg

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@cellphonesmuseum wrote:

so next time should i say thank you for the feedback ?

No, but man don't make yourself look bad, either. You could have turned that feedback to your advantage or at least neutralised it, responding with class and showing future buyers that you're a great seller no matter what, and you went that route? Really?

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 26 of 26
latest reply