cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fee for good until canceled

So I went to list some items (not using the advanced tool) and unless it's an auction, there is no longer the option of duration (30 days, etc).  I clicked the help button on the side and noticed this question: 

"Will I get charged an insertion fee if my item is listed as "Live until sold or canceled"?

No. When you list an item in the Buy It Now format that is live until it sells or is canceled, there are no insertion fees applied after 30 days."

So does that mean these items are now permanent, not necessarily relisting after the 30 days, but free.  So I can list 50 free this month, still have those next month, list 50 more free and have 100 up there (saying that none have sold).  And the following month add another 50 all without being charged an insertion fee?  Didn't this change from how it used to be?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: fee for good until canceled

@somemoreitems13

@somemoreitems13wrote:

So I went to list some items (not using the advanced tool) and unless it's an auction, there is no longer the option of duration (30 days, etc).  I clicked the help button on the side and noticed this question: 

"Will I get charged an insertion fee if my item is listed as "Live until sold or canceled"?

No. When you list an item in the Buy It Now format that is live until it sells or is canceled, there are no insertion fees applied after 30 days."

So does that mean these items are now permanent, not necessarily relisting after the 30 days, but free.  So I can list 50 free this month, still have those next month, list 50 more free and have 100 up there (saying that none have sold).  And the following month add another 50 all without being charged an insertion fee?  Didn't this change from how it used to be?

No, they don't add up, you get 50 per month, 

If an item is GTC and it rolls over, it eats one of the next months free listings.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Good 'Til Cancelled listings

For Good 'Til Cancelled listings, we charge an insertion fee every 30-day period. Your listing will renew automatically every 30 days unless your item sells before that timeframe, you cancel your listing, or your listing violates an eBay policy and we end your listing. Good 'Til Cancelled listings count toward your monthly zero insertion fee listings. Fee amounts are based on the terms in effect when the listing goes live and when it renews.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

So how come I don't have the option to swtich it anymore?  It used to say "Duration" at the bottom of my page with a drop down box.  Now it's gone.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@somemoreitems13

@somemoreitems13wrote:

So how come I don't have the option to swtich it anymore?  It used to say "Duration" at the bottom of my page with a drop down box.  Now it's gone.

Mobile app?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Good way  to get rid of GTC listings is to end the listing a day or a few hours before it is schedualed to end. Then re-list without the GTC. That's how I get rid of GTC listings.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I think you need the advanced form for the duration to show up..........

But

Sure sounds wrong to me........or it's too late for my brain........

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Nope, I o my use my computer to list.  I just checked my other IS.  I have the duration option still there.  But this ID is pretty new, wonder if that's making a difference.  Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing.  Sorry it's sideways.20180329_212632.jpg

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@somemoreitems13  Thanks for the screeen shot ... as @dhbookds mentioned, it may require the Advanced Listing tool, below is a screen shot from the Advanced Tool that comes up on our accounts ... if Fixed Price is the chosen format then the pulldown window below that gives the Duration options to chose from ... GTC is always the last one on the list BUT always the default when the window appears ... I never use GTC so if selected then there may not be a choice to do anything other then Cancel the listing in the future ... it is Good til Cancelled after all.

Screenshot (1117).png

Regards,
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

In the upper-right corner of the Quick form, look for the link for "Change listing preferences."

Then click on the box for  "Enable more options."

Then in the Pricing section, click on "More options."  This will get you access to all the options for listing durations.

I wonder why they call this the Quick form ...

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@partial*eclipse

@partial*eclipsewrote:

In the upper-right corner of the Quick form, look for the link for "Change listing preferences."

Then click on the box for  "Enable more options."

Then in the Pricing section, click on "More options."  This will get you access to all the options for listing durations.

I wonder why they call this the Quick form ...

LOL!  Because if it were SIMPLE all of us Volunteers would be out of a ... well paying job!  Thanks for that one!  Still laughing!  You know, you really DO have a good sense of humor despite what other people say .... 

Regards,
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Thanks; it's too subtle for them, I guess.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@partial*eclipse

@partial*eclipsewrote:

Thanks; it's too subtle for them, I guess.

Yep (hee-hee).

Regards,
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@somemoreitems13wrote:

mr_lincoln

"so if selected then there may not be a choice to do anything other then Cancel the listing in the future ... it is Good til Cancelled after all."

mr lincoln stated the correct answer.

I use Good til Cancelled for about 60% or so of my listings, and have been doing it this way for the past 3 years or so. Once you select GTC - Good til Cancelled as your stated duration when you initially make the listing; that listing's duration can no longer be modified once you hit the submit button, hence the name Good til (until you the seller cancel or end the listing) Cancelled.

I like to think of the GTC listings as the "NO TAKE BACKESYS" listings! Once you commit that is it.

An experienced seller explained to me, eBay's reasoning behind applying this limitation to GTC listings; a few years , but I have since forgotten the answer. My brain has a very limited capacity for storing eBay factoids.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

These are for brand new listings that I have never put on my account. I never have selected GTC on these items, ebay has automatically chosen this for me as I'm imputing the data. I used to be able to decide whether the BIN was for 30 days, or if I wanted to go clear until GTC. Now I get no choice.
Message 15 of 26
latest reply