cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay is a joke, a waist of time, makes no sense, I have to say I hate it now!

I have been selling on ebay ever since it started, it use to be so much fun, now I can't even make sense on how to sell anymore, not knowing if I got paid or not, no one you can talk to when there is a problem, it is a total waist of time, and the fees are crazy!!!

Reading other post I can see I'm not alone in my feelings about ebay.  Please, please, please, bring back the old ebay, you will see the people that left will come back if you bring it back, if you don't it will surely die.

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: ebay is a joke, a waist of time, makes no sense, I have to say I hate it now!

So you are saying it's normal for a B&M store to be open for 3 1/2 days & no one walks in to buy something?  How many businesses would last through that regular pattern??  I've had 9 sales after the driest spell I've had in many, many, many months.  There was a time when I sold $800 in 1 day then did not have a sale for an entire week.  I've never had a day like that nor a 7-day streak like that.  Yet, they happened one after the other.  Not a coincidence.  eBay interferes!   

Message 31 of 45
latest reply

Re: ebay is a joke, a waist of time, makes no sense, I have to say I hate it now!

You're selling niche collectibles that appeal to a fairly limited buyer base. There are only going to be so many people out there looking for those particular items at any given time, so no, it shouldn't come as any surprise that your sales are not steady or consistent.

If you were selling things that people need/use every day, then yes, it would be strange not to have any sales for a few days. But collectibles? No.

Message 32 of 45
latest reply

@1tuna wrote:

I have yet to see a scammer manipulate seller hub to mimic a payment

They can't manipulate the seller hub, but they can manipulate the seller who doesn't know what's going on, doesn't care what's going on or just wants to "get one over" on eBay.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I'm having trouble paying, it won't let me pay you. Can you send me a Paypal invoice instead?"

And there 'ya go, scammed again.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 33 of 45
latest reply

Ebay has always been cylical...

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 34 of 45
latest reply

Stang; you beat me to it.

Corellians rule; Hutts drool!

Message 35 of 45
latest reply

shana_r
Rising Star

Actually the prices of some products are worthless I think. 

Message 36 of 45
latest reply

System changing is not convenient to sellers usually. But it should be fine after couple of weeks. You are a experienced seller, So I would like to see you on ebay ever.

Message 37 of 45
latest reply

How come the rest of us aren't having the troubles as you?

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me.

Message 38 of 45
latest reply

I agree OP.

total garbage now

Message 39 of 45
latest reply

THIS! Exactly! The visibility issues are absolutely getting worse, it's definitely got something to do with the algorithm sensing that you have had your fair share of sales and then your listings are effectively hidden for a time. This is NOT some crackpot idea as other commenters would have you believe.

It's true, and it's absolutely not like a brick and mortar store-I find my sales slowest on Saturdays and Sundays now, with a flood of sales on Monday morning- that's the complete opposite of normal sales patterns. I've worked my fair share of retail, and the busiest days without fail would be Saturday and Sunday.

It wasn't always the case on Ebay, but I'm not hopeful it's going to get better.  

I've diversified to other selling platforms, and while they do not generate as many sales as Ebay, they really help pad my income.

Best wishes to you-I feel your pain!

Message 40 of 45
latest reply

There is no help whatsoever this place is a joke

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

@rarefinds_74 wrote:

There is no help whatsoever this place is a joke

And this thread is 8 months old

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 42 of 45
latest reply

a waist of time makes zero sense.  Time does not have a waist.  People have a waist.  maybe even animals.  Time, however, can  eat itself obese and not worry about it's waist.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 43 of 45
latest reply

you are wasting your time complaining on here sorry to say. it seems that there is a lot of problems with ebay now and a lot of sales down. all you will get on here is its your fault not ebays from the ebay trolls 

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 45 of 45
latest reply