cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Payment Management Nightmare!

So I was dumb enough to sign up for this, and since 9/25, I have had $179.94 just sitting in limbo.  Four days and still no payout.  Package was even delivered faster than me being paid.  Keep getting the run around from the customer support.  Anyone having issues?  

Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

Re: eBay's Payment Management Nightmare!

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

They all leave each other feedback so you can backtrack what else they've been selling and after about the 30th seller you begin to realize what a total joke their testing was....

I'd be curious to see some of those transaction trails. In any event, I don't get the feeling that much of their inter-employee Beta testing would have gotten into returns, combined purchases, international shipments (okay, that they would not have even been attemped since you can't do that yet), and especially disputes or other seller/buyer transactions that go adversarial after the sale is made. It would be hard to simulate an actual on-line dispute with a guy who's sitting in the next cubicle.

Message 46 of 96
latest reply

Some just snapped a photo of a bunch of junk on their desk and were selling a pencil in the pile. I have 15 of the hard core employee sellers and zero zip nadda of that group are in managed payments that speaks mountains as to how the program is going to be ran....

Message 47 of 96
latest reply

@steohanfloess
"I just opted out. So the fine print, NO PAYPAL payments will be accepted with the new system until September of 2019. "

Isn't that a change in time? I thought I was summer of 2019.
Message 48 of 96
latest reply

I believe that what's being reported is exactly the purpose of this new system, ebay getting to hang on to our funds for DAYS. Millions of dollars sitting in ebay's hands perpetually. Earning interest that they can show as profit. I don't think it's a glitch at all, but it's working exactly as it was designed to.

Message 49 of 96
latest reply

managed payments.jpg

Message 50 of 96
latest reply

It’s all about “the float.”

Message 51 of 96
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

I believe that what's being reported is exactly the purpose of this new system, ebay getting to hang on to our funds for DAYS. Millions of dollars sitting in ebay's hands perpetually. Earning interest that they can show as profit. I don't think it's a glitch at all, but it's working exactly as it was designed to.

Not sure about that. If that were the case they'd be better served actually allowing sellers to have a "payment account" ON ebay to use for fees, shipping etc. and to transfer funds from on their own schedule.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 52 of 96
latest reply

It's sad when USPS get the item from Florida to California and delivers it and you are still waiting for the funds to "process." I get customer service people who **bleep** how sorry they are, and how they understand, but no one knows why the money is still being processed 5 days later. The buyer and I have had a ton of transaction, and before, when he used Paypal, funds were there the same day, now that I switched to eBay Payment Management, it's 5 days, and nothing. I'm not even a Top Rated Seller, Top Rated Sellers HAVE to ship within a day! I could have waited!
Message 53 of 96
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

@hioctane62 wrote:

Not sure about that. If that were the case they'd be better served actually allowing sellers to have a "payment account" ON ebay to use for fees, shipping etc. and to transfer funds from on their own schedule.

That would mean they anticipate and address issues sellers will face, which they've proven over and over and over again that they just don't care about. EVERYTHING they do is at the expense of sellers.

Message 54 of 96
latest reply

Well, part of September is in the summer :). I reread my message with them, and you are correct, Summer of 2019. Still no reason to have taken Paypal out.
Message 55 of 96
latest reply

I didn't see the PayPal won't work part! But my other bigger gripe is that there hasn't been a Payout now for 2 days, everything I sold Friday and Saturday are pending along with my sales from 9/25. So eBay has $372 of mine and I can't do anything with it. That could easily have paid for most of eBay fees! Also you don't get daily pay outs, even though I have had daily sales, I haven't had a payout the 28th, 29th, or 30th. So that is 3 days and tomorrow won't hit till 1300 (1 PM) so technically 4 days! There is no excuse!
Message 56 of 96
latest reply

I'm fuming!!  Profit margin is being destroyed with all these fees.

Message 57 of 96
latest reply

@moms**art**window** wrote:
can you define what you mean? "people can pay with Paypal still, it just doesn't get processed through my Paypal"

He’s mistaken. People cannot pay with PayPal if the seller is in managed payments. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 58 of 96
latest reply

I didn't get any response to my post regarding this. It may have been they had auctions with bids when the switch over happened. Those would still have had PP on them.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 59 of 96
latest reply

@sarandipitybay wrote:
@steohanfloess
"I just opted out. So the fine print, NO PAYPAL payments will be accepted with the new system until September of 2019. "

Isn't that a change in time? I thought I was summer of 2019.

No. September is a summer month. The first day of fall 2019 is September 23. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 60 of 96
latest reply