cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay’s Multi-User Account Access is Now Live to all Sellers* in the U.S.

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

* Shared from eBay Inc. Blog

eBay is enabling sellers to better manage their business by securely granting access to employees to create drafts, edit and launch listings on their behalf.

eBay now has a solution for sellers that may need help managing their online businesses. Multi-User Account Access (MUAA) is eBay’s latest feature that enables sellers to grant access to Listings within their Seller Hub in a more private and secure way. 

Sellers can now add employees or delegates to perform seller activities on their behalf without giving full access to their eBay account.

Here’s how it works: Sellers invite employees as users, granting each user specific permissions and access for tasks like editing, drafting and publishing listings. Employees then create an account and can access the Seller Hub in their own view. This provides both users — the seller and the employee — added security and privacy for their eBay account.

Check it out on the eBay Account Settings today! 

If you’d like to learn more about how we implemented this feature, read this Engineering blog post.

* All U.S. sellers that are opt-ed in to Seller Hub now have access to Multi-User Account Access.

eBay now has a solution for sellers that may need help managing their online businesses. Multi-User Account Access (MUAA) is eBay’s latest feature that enables sellers to grant access to Listings within their Seller Hub in a more private and secure way. 

Sellers can now add employees or delegates to perform seller activities on their behalf without giving full access to their eBay account.

Here’s how it works: Sellers invite employees as users, granting each user specific permissions and access for tasks like editing, drafting and publishing listings. Employees then create an account and can access the Seller Hub in their own view. This provides both users — the seller and the employee — added security and privacy for their eBay account.

Check it out on the eBay Account Settings today!

If you’d like to learn more about how we implemented this feature, read this Engineering blog post.

* All U.S. sellers that are opt-ed in to Seller Hub now have access to Multi-User Account Access.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 84
latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Re: eBay’s Multi-User Account Access is Now Live to all Sellers* in the U.S.

@abfabvintage wrote:

@gracieallen01 

Hi, gracie. I, too, read the Update and there was really no definitive date given. Just it was going to happen. Well, I  guess now...it has happened lolol. Hope it gets tweaked a bit better considering other posters' comments on this thread for some "refinements." 

It was also announced on stage at eBay Open 2019. 

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 16 of 84
latest reply

I'm going to want one employee to be in charge of 4 other accounts in 4 different towns without having them drive on the weekends but they also have their own personal account....how are these accounts not going to be linked like we all hear horror stories about?

Message 17 of 84
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

I'm going to want one employee to be in charge of 4 other accounts in 4 different towns without having them drive on the weekends but they also have their own personal account....how are these accounts not going to be linked like we all hear horror stories about?

Let me check in with the folks who built multi-user account access and get an answer for you. I'll report back what I hear. 

Thanks. 

Message 18 of 84
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I just looked at the "add user" page. Is there only going to be two options for permissions? All I see are 1) create and edit drafts, and 2) publish and revise listings.

What if I want a user to only be able to create postage for shipping purposes? And what if I want another user strictly for messages, communication, and deal with returns and cases? Stuff like that. Am I not able to customize user account functionality to that degree?

Hi @bigdeals.etc

This is just the start for Multi User. Rather than wait until we enabled all of Seller Hub before releasing something, we decided to prioritize the most sought after features and release them as we build them. We are working on the rest of Seller Hub as we speak and hope to announce more MUAA enabled features soon.

Message 19 of 84
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@ryanrobyn wrote:

The major problem I see with this is that if the other multi-suer also has an Ebay account and Ebay cancels their act they will also cancel yours because any computer using your Ebay acct is liable for such action. 

Hi @ryanrobyn

Where did you hear that? 

A couple of points here.  You should use different computers when acting as one or the other, mainly because the browser you're using can only have one logged in user at a time, so you can't be both the employer and employee at the same time.  Also, as I posted in reply to another concern, once you start using MUAA, as either an employer/delegator or employee/delegatee, those accounts are 'tagged' as such, and will be treated differently by our Trust/Risk teams.  You don't have to worry...we've thought of this and taken steps to deal with it.  Please don't let this concern prevent you from using the feature and enjoying the benefits it has to offer.

Message 20 of 84
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
It was in the Fall Update.

Oh, thank you.  Sorry, I thought that was just that it was going to happen, or in the works, not that it has happened.

Hi,

It was also one of the main announcements at this year's eBay Open:

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/ebay-launches-multi-user-account-access-and-terapeak-pricing-in...

Message 21 of 84
latest reply

@lesdor-38 wrote:

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

I just looked at the "add user" page. Is there only going to be two options for permissions? All I see are 1) create and edit drafts, and 2) publish and revise listings.

What if I want a user to only be able to create postage for shipping purposes? And what if I want another user strictly for messages, communication, and deal with returns and cases? Stuff like that. Am I not able to customize user account functionality to that degree?

Hi @bigdeals.etc

This is just the start for Multi User. Rather than wait until we enabled all of Seller Hub before releasing something, we decided to prioritize the most sought after features and release them as we build them. We are working on the rest of Seller Hub as we speak and hope to announce more MUAA enabled features soon.

Cooool. Good to know you guys aren't just stopping there and continuing to grow this great function. Thanks!

Message 22 of 84
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Good morning Alan,

I noticed this wasn't posted under announcements, and I was wondering if it is going to show up in other places - besides the Blog and Seller forum?

Hi @gracieallen01

Where else would you like to see it show up? Let me know where you'd think would be useful. 

Thanks. 

Well, besides announcements, most any forum that primarily applies to sellers (shipping, account, payments, etc.) could have a pinned notice about it.  It seems that there are many that frequent other forums and seldom have occasion to visit 'Selling'.

Just a thought.  Thank you for posting the update.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 23 of 84
latest reply

@lesdor-38 wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
It was in the Fall Update.

Oh, thank you.  Sorry, I thought that was just that it was going to happen, or in the works, not that it has happened.

Hi,

It was also one of the main announcements at this year's eBay Open:

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/ebay-launches-multi-user-account-access-and-terapeak-pricing-in...

I'm afraid I didn't make it to the ebay meeting.  And, whatever the setup is with my 'puter, I don't get the broadcasts.  However, I will keep that in mind for the next one and maybe see if I can find a transcript of the goings-on.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 24 of 84
latest reply

Thank you so much!

Message 25 of 84
latest reply

Hi, how about the other country, they will have this feature soon?

Message 26 of 84
latest reply

This is something that I used many years ago. I had two people listing for me. Ebay decided that it wasn't necessary and canceled it. Now they decide it's a great idea. Ebayonomics in action. 

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 27 of 84
latest reply

Thanks for sharing!

Message 28 of 84
latest reply

Thanks

Message 29 of 84
latest reply

Yeah, its called GarageSale - an application for Macintosh computers.

Unlike eBay's tools is easy and fast to use.

Something is wrong when a large corporation armed with billions can't make a selling tool as good as a few programmers in Germany.

Message 30 of 84
latest reply