cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay removed my listings because they said my items are fake

I am selling second hand watches on eBay for more than 10 years. A few days ago 10 of my listings were removed by eBay and the reason is they are fake watches.  I am very confused on it. This is the first time I met this case. I have the watches on my hands and I have checked them carefully to ensure they are not fake items before I put them on eBay. Now the guys on eBay told me they are fake just by reviewing the photos? And they didn't provide any proof on why they believe my watches are fake. They said my watches are fake then they are fake?? I have asked the customer service for help and they said they will escalate my question to "their special team" and request me to wait for the feedback. I am sure they will keep their decision. Any seller faced the same problem before? Anyway to appeal or relist my products? Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay removed my listings because they said my items are fake

AI probably thinks they are fake.   Ebay is never going to provide you proof, and if they did that would only tell the people who sell fakes exactly what to change to try and go undetected in the future.   CS have no input on this. Im surprised they didn't give you a bunch of false promises.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I would not relist the watches unless ebay tells you you can. You can lose your right to sell here for relisting something ebay declares fake. All you can do is appeal the decision and wait for the ruling.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I would not relist even if eBay says that you can. There are NO guarantees that you will not be taken down again and again and perhaps suspended and/or worse.

Does not matter what the eBay reps say. The takedowns are run by bots and the eBay reps do not have any privledge to confer with the bots.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

In this case I would not be able to sell any watches on eBay, because I don't know when eBay will say they are fake and remove my listings again. I hope anyone from eBay can clarify it. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@joyeebabystore   there is no one from eBay here -

I see you still have watches for sale. 

Was there a certain brand or type of watch listing pulled?

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

All are Casio G-Shock watches. And you can see I still have many G-Shocks selling on eBay. I don't know why they said these 10 watches are fake. I don't know why they believe the remaining watches are authentic. In this way how can I list watches on eBay anymore if I am not sure they don't violate eBay's policy (in their eyes)?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply